Mistakes

The kiss lasted for a few seconds until his grip on my waist softened and he let go. He looked into my eyes then turned his head, so his view was now on the ocean. It was silent for a bit, but enjoyable. There was just something about being in his presence. It's indescribable. To be with Ethan, you can feel so much passion with so little words, and so much love with so little actions.

          I turned my head to admire the view of the flowing water. I was taken away by my thoughts as Ethan started to speak. "Hey, Rach listen. I don't think I can do this... us. " Ethan said as we locked eyes. As the last words of his sentence started to trickle out I could feel my body go numb. I clear my throat, "um, you're right, this was a mistake" I say as I get up and dust my hands off from the sand. I could feel tears start to brim in my eyes as I walked away from Ethan.

          He took my forearm and turned me around to face him. I hid my face so he couldn't see the tears. I know it's wrong to cry over Ethan, but I'm not crying over Ethan, my eyes are filled with tears because of disappointment.

          "It wasn't a mistake" he said as his eyes started to wander. "You can't go around kissing girls, leading them on" I said as I could feel my body tense up from my words. "It was one kiss Rachel" he said as he started to stare at me. "Whatever" I mumble as I turn to walk away.

          "Why are you making such a big deal about this" he said as I could feel his voice getting closer to me. "Because Ethan, the same way you felt about Emily kissing some random guy, is the same way I felt when you said you couldn't do "us". Why did you kiss me?" I say as I cross my arms and look at him. "Because, Rachel I like you, a lot. The truth is I've been missing you when you weren't even gone, and loving you when you weren't even mine. But the thing is I'm not over Emily, I wish I was after what she did, but I'm not. I thought that kissing you would make me forget about Emily, I'm sorry Rachel" Ethan said as he held one of my hinds lightly and started drawing circles on my thumb with his.

          I got distracted by Ethan stroking my thumb with his thumb. I watched as he drew delicate circles on my hand with a tingling sensation. Suddenly there was a light that was glistening in our direction. I turn my head to my left where the light was coming from to see several unnoticeable figures behind their phones taking a pictures with the flash on of Ethan and I. Ethan's grip on my hand starts to tighten as he runs back to the party still holding onto my hand.

          We arrive back at the bonfire looking in several directions to see if we lost the people taking pictures of us. I ask Ethan who they were, "probably just some fans" he said still a little out of breath from running. His phone started to ring as he answered the call. "What?" And "oh my gosh" we're the only word coming out of his mouth. He hung up the call "that was Grayson, Rachel your life is about to start getting complicated.

|| AN: thank you so much for 1k views, I love you guys so much! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. More to come... ;) ||