More Than Mad

"Did Ethan Dolan just ask me out on a date?" I said in a playful way as he closed the cap on his drink and placed it on the counter. "Yep" he said as he started to walk towards me. Right when we were face to face a knock echoed through Ethan and Grayson's apartment. "hold on" Ethan said as he walked towards the door and opened it. Behind the door revealed a gloomy Emily.

          "Look Ethan, just hear me out" Emily said as she walked into the apartment, still keeping eye contact with Ethan to even notice me. "I was drunk, honestly that guy means nothing to me. You do." She said as she placed her hands on his arms and stroked them. "Emily, I don't really want to talk" Ethan said as he jerked his arms away from Emily's hold.

          "Ethan, I know your mad, but I-" Emily was cut off by Ethan's words, "No, I'm more than mad, I'm furious, with myself and you. I'm tired of you making me feel stupid, because you're always doing these kind of things, and I'm always stupid enough to forgive you and think it's gonna stop" Ethan says as Emily displays a shocked expression from his sudden words.

           "I'm sorry" she says with a sorrow expression as she walks towards Ethan. "No, I need you to leave" he says as he points towards the door with one hand and rubs his eye with the other. "okay" Emily says as her head falls a bit, her head then lifts up as she makes eye contact with me. "What are you doing here?" she says as she walks towards me.

          "I was just leaving" I said as I smiled at the both of them and walked out the door and headed towards my place.

*My aunt's apartment*

          I unlocked the door to the condo of emptiness, no one was home, again. I grabbed a pair of pj's from my room and head towards the bathroom to take a shower. As I was talking a hot shower there were so many overwhelming thoughts consuming my mind.

          The thought of Ethan and I together made butterflies roam in my stomach. The thought of Hunter never talking to made me feel sick and nauseous, and the thought of Emily finding out about Ethan and I, it's inevitable but I'm dreading when that moment does arrive.

          I finished taking a shower and dried off with my towel. I grabbed my toothbrush and placed toothpaste on it. I started brushing my teeth as I heard on knock on the door. I wiped my mouth with the face towel and headed towards the door still holding my toothbrush. I opened the door to see Emily standing outside.

          "You're with Ethan?" She said with a confused look on her face, "Nice to see you too Emily, Wow it's been a while, how long? 20 minutes" I replied hoping to lighten the mood. "Nothing?" I say waiting for her to laugh, or at least crack a smile, but nothing.  "Come in" I say as I open the door further for her to enter. She sits down on the couch and just stares at her phone screen.

          I just stood there in the awkward silence. "I saw the picture, of you and Ethan on the beach" She says as she removes her gaze from her phone screen on to me. "Oh" I say in a gentle way as I place my toothbrush on the kitchen counter and head toward the couch to sit beside her.

          I sit down on the couch beside her as she stares at me. "Look Emily, I don't want this to ruin our friendship-" I say before she cuts me off, "Then break up with him" She says with a serious expression. "What?" I ask in a tone not fully understanding what she said. "Break up with Ethan" She says as she watches my expression carefully.

           "Ethan and I aren't really together" I say hoping for her to drop this conversation. "So don't go out with him. I know it seems like I'm asking a lot, but all i'm asking is that you don't go out with my ex" She responds as a fake smile grows on her face hoping for me to say yes.

          "Fine" I says as a real smile plasters on her face and she wraps her arms around me. "Thanks! You're the best" She says as she smiles and  leaves my apartment. "No problem" I mumble as she shuts the door and I start to rub my eyes from this complication.

I want to be with Ethan, I really do, but I also don't want to lose Emily as a friend. She was one of the first people that I met, and one of the first people that welcomed me. What she's asking for really isn't unreasonable, it's her ex and she doesn't want me to go out with him. I would want her to do the same, but it's Ethan. I really do like Ethan, and his bright smile, cute laugh, and bubbly personality. I don't know what I'm going to do.