5

The thought of Curtis hurting me again is like walking up the stairs in the dark. You get to the top and your foot falls in a horrific moment of fear. That's what happens every time that door opens, I get a bad feeling in the pit if my stomach, my mind goes blank and my heart races... then your foot hits the ground- or in my case... Jay walks in. The ground saves you and you catch your balance in such a way that nothing is bad anymore and you move on as if all those feelings of fear never occurred.That's Jay to me, the ground beneath my feet. He keeps me from falling and saves me. He pushes away all those feelings of fear and the world is right again. I don't know why, he never said things that were particularly wonderful and he didn't try very hard to impress me at all but he did. The simplicity of the way he talks because he is so calm, the casual way he dresses, the qualities he has.

I was laying on the ground of my room with Jay.  We put three duvets on the floor and four pillows then a large blanket to go over us and were now laying on it with each other talking. I had my head resting on his hard chest and his arm around me as we looked up at the ceiling and whispered to each other so Curtis wouldn't hear us. We did this every night, we just spoke about what life was like and what it was going to be like and just the other usual things you talk about really. He tries to make this as normal as possible for me, it doesn't work. We can act like I am here willingly but at the end of the day I'm not. I was taken. I don't have a choice. I'm trapped.

"what happened the day you were kidnapped?" He asked me with no tone or emotion in his voice but in his large brown eyes, I didn't speak about it much and he had noticed. I always lead the topic away from that night.

" I umm well he pulled up in his car and-" I began before being interrupted by Jay.

" No, the whole day " He explained looking down at me, his voice was calm and soothing. It made me feel tranquil and peaceful in the last August night.

BACK IN TIME....

I woke up to the smell of food cooking; scratched my head as I sat up in my bed and looked around my room to see my sister sitting on the chair looking at me. She was already dressed in her jeans and striped top with large fluffy socks on her feet and her dark micro braids pulled into a pony tail. 

"Well that's not creepy" I said to her as I flung my feet over to side of my bed and put them into my slippers.

" I was wondering when you would wake up" she said walking over to me and smiling, I turned to look at her and tilted my head before rolling my eyes playfully.

" Whatever, good morning SoSo" I said standing up and putting my arm around her before walking out of my large bedroom with her. Our house was much larger than a few houses on the street ((mtv cribs destiny's child)) and I was always very thankful for that.

" Morning BB" We walked downstairs and in to the kitchen and saw my mom cooking breakfast with my dad sitting at the table reading a news paper.

" Morning mama" I said walking over to her and kissing her on the cheek as she flipped a pancake then I walked over to my dad and kissed him too, " Morning daddy" I said smiling at him then sitting across from him at the table.

"Baby, will you go and wake up Kelly. Tell her the food is done" Mama said walking over with a stack of pancakes and a pile of bacon. I smiled up at her then walked out of the room then ran toward the guest room and barged into Kelly's room before jumping on her bed and and laughing as she woke up.

" C'mon get up, there's food!" I shouted as I jumped on her.

" Bey, get off" She moaned pulling the duvet up to her face.

" You need to wake up" I told her as I got off and pulled the duvet off her body.

" Okay Okay" she said getting up and walking out of the room dragging her body as I laughed and walked behind her. As we walked to the kitchen I looked out of the window and saw Mrs Parsley walking home with a lot of bags and decided I would help her because she is really old and shouldn't be carrying that much.