20

PLEASE COMMENT, THEIR ARE NO QUESTIONS AT THE END BECAUSE I COULDN'T THINK OF ANY SO YOU'RE GONNA NEED TO COMMENT AS YOU READ. 

"Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum."

― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

Jay POV 
I took notes in my mind the same way I wrote a rap, I did it step by step where one thing lead to another. Where all of the words lead to one big sentence that explains everything, that summaries the reason for those words.
On December 4th 1980 I was born.
On September 4th 1981 she was born .
On June 3rd 1998 She was lost. 
On November 8th 2001 she was found. 
On December 30th 2001 she became mine.

I wasn't fond of plane rides, I hated them in fact. I hated how the lift off always made my stomach turn, I hated the fact that one error could kill me, I hated being stuck with a whole bunch of people I didn't know for hours on end, I didn't like the smell or the food or the silly fucking TVs you watch while travelling. Worst of all I hated the autographs. Very quickly I went from a nobody to one of the best rappers in the world, (Not to brag but my 7 albums have all achieved much more than I thought they would, I have awards and shit already. Who would've guessed?) But I got on a normal plane with everyone else and I wasn't even sitting in first class; that was a mistake wasn't it? I'm grateful for the fans, for the people who go and buy my music and the people who support me but can't I get a little space to sleep on this fucking plane. Every second was something new, "Mr Jay Z!" Or, "Can you sign this for me?" And "Hey do one of your songs" and I wasn't enjoying it at all. That was probably evident on my face, Curtis said I never looked happy to see people and it probably threw a lot of people off. I honestly don't mind, I am never happy to see a lot of people but I guess that's what comes with being all famous and shit now. People want to meet you and see you and talk to you but they don't even know you.

 I don't want to be remembered for how nice I was, or the kidnapping of my girlfriend or what shoes I'm wearing and what food I got on the plane so I don't know why they're asking me questions like that. I'm not famous because of anything but my talent so they have no need to come to me and say, "Hey, did you know that the kidnapped girl was in your house the whole time?" Or "Are you a criminal too?" Does either of those things make my talent any less or more special? I didn't get it. I couldn't understand why all of a sudden my personal life meant so much to so many people and I didn't like it, I didn't want them to ask me what underwear I was wearing or my favourite food because I think people need to get over themselves. My underwear and food doesn't give me my talent, I do, so really it has nothing to do with them. It's the same in interviews, I go to promote an album but they're asking about where I live now and If I've seen my family lately. Why does any of that matter? I guess there's nothing I can do about it because that's how the media is but I really want to keep somethings honest and precious and mine, while other things I am willing to share and contribute openly. Open: My talent, what I think about sport or some shit like that, funny jokes. Closed: My home life, my girlfriend, my house, my family to an extent. I'm not afraid of my past and I'm not gonna hide it, some people need a reality check- shit happens. Get over it. I don't mind telling them where I came from to hopefully encourage other people in similar situations and to show those who don't know what it's like how it is an will be for a very long time. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is them asking me if I have a girlfriend and who she is and if she's Beyoncé. 

ONE DAY EARLIER... 

"So a lot of people have seen the footage of you saving Beyoncé Knowles from captivity, no one really knows what happened in the almost 4 years she was kidnapped so no one really knows of your relation to her. The two of you have been seen out since, you released a song together and she's also in high demand within the music industry, tell us about the relationship between the two of you" The woman doing the Interview was too nosey for my liking. She had a short black bob and pale white skin and  wearing a formal suit, this TV show was probably one of the most formal I had ever been on but I didn't dress like it. I was still wearing my Roc nation chain, my hat, my jeans and timbs. Nothing special.