17

So if this chapter get's 15 comments I will update later today and if you can't comment while reading I will leave some questions at the end. Thanks for reading.

Back in time...

"Shawn, this is your room" Curtis placed his hand on Shawn shoulder and smiled. Shawn was only small, his body was skinny and long. His skin was dark and his clothes were way too baggy but that was they way he liked it.

"Thank you, uncle" Shawn spun around and smiled at him hard, looking up at the man he thought was giving him and his family a better life. The man who was in his eyes a replacement for his dad. "I love you" He hugged his uncle as tight as he could, wrapping his arms around his waist and grinning up at him.

"I love you too, put your things away and then meet me downstairs. We'll go out to eat tonight. To celebrate" Curtis took Shawn's cap off and ruffled his short afro a little bit causing Shawn to playfully push the large hand away and laugh.

"Sure, I won't take too long" He informed the large man. Shawn adored Curtis with everything he had in him, he thought he was amazing. He thought Curtis was the greatest man in the world.

"If you take too long I'll miss you, I'll end up coming up here" Curtis lightly punched Shawn in the arm and he nodded his head In reply.

"I'm not going anywhere" The young Shawn laughed hard before running over to his window to take a look at the view he was given, in New York the view wasn't something you wanted to look at for too long. Well, not where he lived. The projects were grey and dull, not like this new house in Houston where all the homes were detached and large with grass and sunny skies. Shawn pulled the curtains open feeling the fabric in his hands and winced as the sun fell into his eyes. He then looked outside and watched the people next door in their back yard, there was a little girl with light brown hair and light skin. She was sitting on the grass with an even smaller girl who looked to be nothing more than a toddler. The older girl was wearing a blue sequin dress and a white top underneath with matching blue shoes. She had two large blue bows in her hair while the smaller girl had a little white dress on. Then a man and a woman walked into the yard a called the girls away. Shawn assumed the girl had gotten in trouble for sitting on the grass in her pretty dress and Shawn chuckled.

"What are you laughing at, pervert?" Shawn spun around and saw Curtis standing at his bedroom door.

"Does that girl live there?" He asked pointing to her, Curtis walked over to the window and saw her walk back inside the house with her parents and little sister.

"Yeah, that's Beyoncé. She's all dressed up, probably going to do a performance or something. She's been practising all week" Curtis placed his hands on Shawn's shoulders and Shawn turned to look at him again.

"She's pretty" Shawn pointed out.

"Yeah, she is. She's a very pretty girl" Curtis agreed.