10

Tina's POV

It's not very often that I get to calm down and Drink a glass of Wine. Since Beyonce's disappearance I haven't particularly wanted to do anything but look for her, I missed her so much. Without her in the house everything was different, Solange hasn't spoke in two years and Mathew hasn't paid me any attention at all. Our family is too scared to be a family, because we can't. It's incomplete without her, without Kelly, who moved away with her mom just after the kidnapping because her mother was too scared to stay in Houston. They moved to Atlanta and we see them sometimes but it's not the same, everything is different.

I looked around the large kitchen as I sat at the Island with my glass of wine. Next to the glass was a small piece of paper and in my hand a pencil. The thing about drawing is that it takes time, patience, everything else in the world flies by so fast. Life can be gone in a split second, everything is moving and developing but drawing always remains the same, its just feeling. When I draw it's like the world stops just long enough for me to create something wonderful on a piece of paper.

I let my pencil glide over the paper effortlessly and the only noise in the the empty house was the pencil moving on the paper. I never knew what I was going to draw when I started drawing, sometimes I would draw Beyonce as I remembered her, other times items of clothing I imagined. Either way they always ended up the same way, thrown in the bin.

Shawn had lived next to me for years and I never once made the effort to talk to him, to invite him over for dinner. I will admit I was blinded by the image painted by Curtis, everyone knew he was a bad man and suspected he had something to do with all the kidnappings. So, I looked at Shawn and expected he would be the same but I've noticed that he isn't. I've seen him around other people and clearly not want to be part of any conversation, I've seen him attempt to help people but never quite know what to do. I've seen him work hard to get to where he wants to go and I'm proud of him. I don't know anything about his home life and family but I know that I've never once seen a woman who looked of any relation to him enter that house, he's never really been away either. When I was growing up my brothers were extremely close to my mother and I think every child deserves that same relationship, that's why I suggested that If he needed someone to talk to he come to me.

I know what your thinking, Mathew said the same thing.

"Your just trying to fill in the gap of Beyonce not being here but you can't replace her. You want to get close to him because you lost a child and you want to have another one to take your mind of 'em" He said, I wasn't trying to do that. If I was I would have just spent more time with Solange instead, I'm not trying to fill a void in me, I'm just trying to be a good person.

I drew her again. My baby.

Solange was out in the back yard sitting at the back with a book, reading had never really been a hobby of hers Before Beyonce was taken but since then it's become something she always did. Mathew was somewhere, he'd been like that a lot lately. I never knew where he was. It seems like everyone leaves, no matter how hard I try to keep the family together their all drifting away, I'll admit Mathew and I never had a perfect Marriage ((Anyone read the Beyonce Bio and read about how they met? So funny and cute)) but we made it work for the girls, and we were as happy as we could possibly be. Beyonce was so close to being a Singer and Solange wanted to dace and Act, Mathew had such a strong bond with the girls until she was gone. He stopped caring about everything, he started drinking and not coming home. Solange felt like no one cared about her any more but I did and I tried so hard. Nothing worked, she just stopped talking and isolated herself from everyone the way Beyonce used to. When Beyonce was young she didn't know how to handle or take her own emotions so she would Isolate herself from everyone for days, she wouldn't leave her room or eat until she was okay again. She'd always do that and I never enjoyed it but she's one of those people, when they need space give it to them. I gave Solange space, she just stopped being Solange. She wasn't dancing or smiling any more. She was just empty. And Now our family has crumpled in my hands and I don't even know If Beyonce walking through that door can Fix that. I'm tired, so tired. I can't stay with Mathew, I can't force Solange to grow up around this man. That's not the man I married, he's changed. I walked over to the glass door and opened it holding the glass of wine in the other hand,