18 (part 2)

JAY POV:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING!

I've never been on a  dinner date before an I have no idea what to do. I gave my self some tips before today like: Don't bombard her with a whole load of questions about how she's been, that's not cool. And, don't argue with her about anything or be negative. I'm trying, I honestly am but it's been so awkward since the moment we walked into this place and it still is. You don't believe me? Then why is it that since we got our food we've just been sitting here in silence not sure of what to say to each other, every so often I would take a quick look at her and find her already looking at me but it's not that same. This isn't us. Our relationship is completely based of endless conversations, trust and dependence. We need each other, that's how it has always been. From the moment I met her she needed me and I needed her but here we are at dinner with no idea what to do. Our conversations are informal, light hearted and beautiful but this place is romantic and formal, it's the opposite of what we are. And I know it, she's sitting up perfectly straight even though she'd usually slouch or lean on me whenever we're together. We were holding hands for a while but it wasn't the same because we always interlock our fingers but didn't today. She's eating slowly and carefully but I can't remember a time where we've ever ate and not fed each other at some point. We're not feeding each other. We're barely looking at each other. Our conversations have been short and awkward, we haven't really kissed or touched much at all. 

I finally built up the courage to talk, to say something on this silly situation.  

"This sin't working is it"  I pointed out, she shot her head up at me. She didn't smile but she didn't frown, she understood what I was saying. She agreed with what I was saying as she placed her fork down on the table and rested her hands in her lap. 

"It's not the same" She replied, I knew it wasn't just me. I know I'm not exactly Mr Approachable but I can tell when  situations are awkward and unusual. This was deffinately awkward and unusual but I wasn't sure on how I could make it any better. Maybe we just weren't ready to date. Maybe we needed more time with each other outside of the room we turned into a sanctuary for the both of us. 

"no, It's not the same" I agreed with her, she smiled up at me and I just looked at her. She stood up but I had no idea what was going on, was she leaving? I knew it was bad but I didn't think It was bad enough for her to want to leave. She smiled at me again, it didn't look like a goodbye smile but you never know. She grabbed the chair and lifted it up causing me to frown. What the hell is she doing? She then put the chair back down but instead of it being where it was across from me, it was right next to me so there was no space at all between my chair and hers. I'm guessing she lifted it up because she hates the sound of people dragging chairs on the floor. She told me that before. "What are you doing?" I asked her, unsure of why she felt the need to move her chair next to mine if she was leaving. 

"We never sit away from each other, we always sit right next to each other. That's what we do"  She explained before sitting down on the chair and looking down at my hand as it rested on the table. I looked at hers, I always found her hands fascinating for some reason. They were soft, elegant, warm and light- not made for manual labour at all but instead care and affection. We interlocked our fingers, the way we had done it when we were laying on the floor in the room and I looked down at her as she rested her head on my shoulder the way she had done many times. The way we were comfortable. The position we both loved.

"I don't think Dinner is a good date for us," She suggested and we both laughed lightly, she was probably right. 

BACK IN TIME...

Bey POV:

"Make yourself comfortable" He said pointing to the bed, I walked over to it and sat on the edge with my legs crossed tightly. Okay I will admit it, I was scared. Scared he may turn on me and rape me in his room or beat me or something, what if he hurt me? what if behind all of his kindness he was evil like his uncle? "Here's the remote" he said handing it to me, I took it in my hand and looked at the TV then back at him and gulped a little. What should I do? Should I use the TV or is he distracting me? I can't even remember how to use it. Is he going to hurt me like Curtis? I can't tell and I'm so confused.