| Mutilated |

My body wrapped around my 500 threaded red sheets, I found myself tangled in them. Loosening myself from the soft prison, I could only prepare for another battle. My loose and matted hair. 

I ran my hands through the strands, struggling to contain the obvious mess. How could I not wrap it? I quickly sat up. I cursed aloud from the intense pounding of a headache. I guess resulting from the numerous amount of alcohol I consumed last night.

I leaned against the brown wooden headboard of my queen sized bedding. It felt as though fire was coursing through my very veins. I was hot. Sweaty. Sick.

I swung my legs from the bed, bringing my feet to the cool hardwood flooring. I rose up, taking steady breaths as I tried to overcome the intense migraine.

I stepped forward to attempt to make it to the bathroom to clean off.

What the-

Wet. Rubbery. I raised my foot to figure out what I stepped on. Reaching down, I picked it up. Is this a-

Oh god

Oh god!!

I dropped it. I watched the used latex hit the floor. I backed away from it as if it was some sort of poison. My back pressed against the wall, I fought to remember every little thing about the last night.

The bar.

The alcohol.

The sex.

Silas.

Oh my god, I'm going to hell.

"I had a-" I began to choke on my final words, unable to speak on my choices.

I had a one night stand.

I slid down the wall until I was sitting on the floor. I crossed my legs. I replayed what I thought was an insane dream, however it was actuality.

"What the hell did I do?"

****

I hoped, no, I prayed that Silas would not make an appearance tonight at my diner.

"Why do you look so jumpy mama?" Alexa questioned me.

"Huh?" I looked at her from behind my laptop monitor; her slant eyes watched me, questioning me. "I'm not jumpy."

"Mhm." She pointed to my fingers that were tapping viciously against the marble counter top.

"Just....studies." I lied. I glanced down at the bright screen, annoyed with the words I was left staring at for the pass twenty minutes. My name and the title of my paper was I had typed up for a paper that was due in less than twenty-four hours.

I sighed. I was struggling to accept the fact that I was going to be up all night finishing this. This distraction almost caused me to forget about Silas.

That is until he stepped in. Broad framed, tall and built to perfection. He had this enigma about him. His eyes roamed the half empty diner before they met my very own. My insides screamed. I turned to break such intense eye contact.

He walked toward his normal booth. I could hear his boots hit the tile floor as he walked passed me. My skin began to flare up as I thought about the intense gaze he had over me as he moved. Sneaking an unavoidable glance over my shoulder, I watched him take a seat. Before I could look away, his eyes shifted from the menu to me. I quickly faced forward. I looked to Alexa, who seemed almost distracted as she restocked the napkin dispensers for the night.

Why me?

I had mentally hoped that last night was all just an uncanny dream but that was just wishful thinking.