Journey to Hayworth

Jess was up stairs cooking beans and had two cans of peaches left over when Ghetto was just giving them to her as present to win her affection. Even though she didn't think of him like that, it was nice that he was attempting. She chose to eat one of them seeing as she's the one making the food. If Adam and Barney both want the peaches they'll have to figure it out amongst themselves. She looked up and saw Barney coming up the ladder yawning a bit from waking up.

"Morning Barney," Barney gave a sluggish wave and smile.

"Mornings Jet." Barney sat down on the chair that was in between the two that were across from each other. He saw the food choices and went with the beans, he wanted Adam to eat the peaches, the man hasn't been back for two weeks, he deserves them.

"So Jet, what you tinks of Goat?" Jess looked puzzled and tried to figure out what Barney meant.

"I mean I guess he's a bit bipolar, he shook my hand greeting me nicely, then he turned into a rampaging bull when he heard that Nick and the others handcuffed you."

"Wells let be honest you believes that, you be nice afters hearing you friends get handcuff by stranger?" Jess thought about, to be honest that did make sense for someone to do. Now that she thought of it Adam was only acting on what he understood, if not for Barney's quick-wits she might have been kicked out the cabin and into the zombie infested night.

"I suppose so..."

"Guys? Hello?! GUYS?!" The both of them heard Adam rush up the ladder in a panic as both of them looked at the bunker and saw him climbed out.

"Goat you okays" Adam sighed in relief when he saw the both of them sitting together and eating.

"I-I'm fine I just had a small panic attack when I didn't see either of you in the bunker, I thought you guys left me." Adam sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, and Barney slapped his back while laughing.

"HAHA, Goat I not leave you we finally found you, yous not leave my sight!" Adam stood there but smiled slightly.

"Right, so what's for breakfast?"

"Jet make luxurious breakfast." Barney stated this with so much sarcasm in his voice, Jess rolled her eyes she knew why Barney was it saying like that, it was because he ate the one she accidentally burned.

"You have the choice of beans or peaches, though there is only one left." Adam grabbed the peaches happily as he removed his goggles and placed them on his head, showing his golden irises.

"Peaches?! I haven't had peaches in a long time. Thanks Jess." Adam looked at Jess who was staring at his vibrant sets of gold which matched the smile he was giving her, it made her blush.

"No problem." Adam ate the peaches with content and savoured the taste as long as he could.

"Okays now when Goat done eating we head to the Hayworths." Barney announced Adam was too distracted by the peaches he didn't hear Barney. Jess giggled at how Adam was like child eating ice cream sundae. Once Adam finished they packed their stuff grabbed as much useful items as possible and left the cabin. They walked for 3 hours until they reached the main road.

"Now that I think about it do we even know where Hayworth is?" Adam asked Barney puffed his chest in confidence as he grinned.

"Of course Goat, the Hayworths is this way and not this way we go back duh." Adam felt sweat drip as he looked at Barney. He was about to say how stupid a plan that was and saw a car ahead of them.

"Hey check it out there's a car maybe we can hot wire it?" Adam jogged but stopped quickly when he saw a zombie in the car.

"Or maybe not..." Jess walked up next to him and squinted she saw something next to the car, she tugged Adam's shirt and pointed at it.