Epilogue

The sun was hidden behind the clouds as snow fell from the sky. Each flake danced gracefully as they fell. The ground slowly piling up with snow. The white house was in shambles, the United States major landmark was destroyed. It was supposed to be a symbol of hope when the team first arrived. It was supposed to be a safe haven from the insanity that developed in this hell. But all it brought was disaster. There was a small garden with a gazebo like roof above. This was where the team buried the fallen.

It was a bitter-sweet idea if you think about it. Their very first lost comrade had been a child named Jordan. He was lost in this apocalypse, he was taken twice the second time he wasn't as lucky. Especially when a cannibalistic maniac straight up murdered him in cold blood killing him in an explosion. They made a grave for the young child in the White House when they first arrived it was supposed to be a shrine to honor the young man.

Then left Barney. This one was hard seeing as they had no choice but to shoot the Turkish man. He finally reached the White House with his friends making a new one along the way, Ross. He trusted the man because of his prowess with chemicals and science. But he was injected by the sluggish man with a serum of the infection that caused this hell. His best friend was the one to pull the trigger. Adam.

Then two more at the same time. They were Love birds that were slowly becoming a relationship and it was beautiful to watch. That is until the events with Barney's Death. Adam had shut down lost in the world without his brother in arms. He couldn't forgive himself for pulling the trigger. Jess was more then willing to help amend the already broken man but he was already too far gone. Then Ross injected him with the virus. He was a lost case but Jess never let go of him. How could she when she loved him so? So she did what she could try to find Ross and kill him. But even then she failed when she found out that he placed a bomb in the building. It was suicide and Adam couldn't make it so he stayed prepared to die and see his best friend once more. But he didn't expect the love of his life to come and die with him. So they shared their first and final kiss together.

Four rocks all placed in a row, all of them chiseled with their names engraved and there to look at the graves was the leader of the group that met all four of these people. He exhaled as his breath was seen due to the cold air. He had four flowers in his hand as he kneeled down and placed them on each grave. He kneeled on the ground staring at the graves.

"I couldn't save you... I'm sorry..." The man whispered his voice trembling to speak. He placed his hands into fists as his own body shook struggling to hold back the tears.

"I tried my damn hardest to keep everyone alive... To keep everyone together... But it wasn't enough..." water droplets fell on to his hands as they fell much faster each second.

"I COULDN'T PROTECT ANY OF YOU!!! I was the leader, it was my job and I couldn't prevent any of your guy's deaths. I'm a failure as a leader of the team... I couldn't save Jordan from the bomb. I couldn't warn Barney about Ross, I wasn't even careful enough to give Adam an extra hand with containing Ross. And I couldn't stop Jess from chasing after Adam. I can't do anything right."

"Nick?" The man lifted his head as he looked at his closest friend. Nick sniffed trying to stop himself from crying in front of his team mate.

"Hey Ghetto..." Nick stated as he wiped his eyes and stood up. He exhaled heavily and looked at his friend. Ghetto looked at his leader feeling sympathy for the man. All he wanted was to help good people and it only lead to four deaths. Nick was good at heart and this was eating him alive, even if he didn't want the others to know.

"Nick I need you to know... I want to tell you..." How could bring himself to say it? How can he say it's not his fault when he can't let go of the grief?

"That your not alone in this burden. All of us are broken to lose such amazing comrades." both men looked to see AK, Shark and Jin walking towards them each of them holding flowers as they all placed them in each grave. Nick looked at his team, no, his friends they all felt what he was feeling of grief and thought they could have done something to stop this but couldn't. But for what it's all worth one pain in the ass was dead, if they could just get rid of Red maybe it would be easy sailing from there on out? Everyone started leaving but Nick stood back as he kneeled down to the grave stones once more.

"I may not have been. Able to save you all. It was something I couldn't predict. What I can do is send Red to hell for all of you for what he has put all of us through. I swear I will kill Red to my dying breath. I know he isn't the only bad person in this world but it's a start to bring down maniacs."