Leniency

Adam stood by the entrance keeping an eye out for any possibility of intruders that would enter the gates for supplies or walkers that slipped inside. But to be honest Adam wasn't in the correct mind set to guard the settlement knowing that the man, known as Ross, is free and kicking from his success. It made him angry as he growled and tightened his grip on the gun in his hand. This was frustrating him why was he still standing here? Why isn't he exacting his revenge for his friend Barney? Because of Jess... She was the last close person in his life if he lost her then he would be alone amongst group and that would kill his sanity. For Jess he's still here following orders but it's really hard to keep at it.

"Adam! Lunch break!" Adam looked into the building seeing Jess call for him as he looked down she was smiling at him. Probably to keep the positivity alive, it made him angry to know she was in a good mood. He left his post and walked after Jess who waited for him to walk towards him. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the kitchen. "My cooking isn't as amazing as Shark's but I hope you like it either way."

"Thank you Jess..." In a plate was heated up canned beans with canned vegetables. There were also bottles of water to quench their thirst after the meal. Adam ate the food slowly as he looked down at the table Jess sat next to him and kept looking at the man.

"We'll catch him Adam and when we do we'll make him pay." Jess stated as Adam felt his eyebrows furrow in rage.

"When..."

"What?"

"WHEN WILL WE JESS?! I'm tired of just sitting here doing nothing but stand guard for the place. Nick and the others are out there gathering materials to fortify the White House but completely ignoring the fact a murdering psychopath is just wandering out there in the zombie infested streets. And he's glowering at the fact he caused this epidemic!"

"Adam, Nick said to wait for them to come back! It would be better to search in a group rather then alone!" Adam stood up as he looked Jess in eyes, dark circles were seen around his dulled irises he was angry and didn't care about his health anymore.

"I'm done waiting." Adam grabbed a napkin and slammed it onto the partially empty plate as he grabbed his gun out and started to walk away. Jess followed the man.

"Adam, this is reckless behavior please the others should help us! Acting out in your own accord could get you killed. ADAM STOP!!!" Adam stopped as he felt Jess holding him from behind her body was trembling against his back. "Please Adam... I know your hurting, and I am too... I'm hurting because your aren't yourself anymore... You've became a shell of the man I fell in love with. I want Adam back, I want his happy go lucky self. I want to see you smile again... Adam please..." Adam felt his body tense at her words as he looked at the girl before him who was in tears he didn't shift in his expression it was as blank and angry as before but it softened enough for Jess to notice.

"Jess, I know you want me to go back to my old self. I wish it were that simple but Ross left a bitter taste in my mouth that until I see his blood spewing from the wrath of my hand, I will not change. Barney didn't deserve to die the way he did, no one out there that turned deserves it. I'm going after him whether you want me to or not." Adam got himself out of Jess's hold and started walking again but Jess grabbed his hand and stopped from moving forward.

"Then at least let me join you in finding that man." Jess pleaded Adam looked at the girl as he sighed and looked down.

"Jess, I can't ask that of you I've already lost Barney I can't los-" Adam started but was cut off when he felt hug him again this time they were facing each other.

"And I don't want to lose you. Believe me, I love Nick and the others with all my heart but you and Barney are more important to me family wise. I will stand by you to the bitter end Adam I'm not letting you go after what happened to Barney." Adam felt himself soften into a smile, he returned the hug to Jess who nuzzled closer to him. In the entrance to the kitchen Jin stood there with a smile when he saw the display and he walked back out not wanting to disturb the two.

"When are they just going to kiss already?" He whispered to himself as he continued writing in his clipboard, with a soft smile. He like the others saw the spark between the two the second they arrived Ghetto at first didn't want to accept it but he finally came into to terms with reality, of course he still does the occasional flirting it's just not as prominent as before.

"Dr. Jin!!!" Jin turned his head and saw Jess running towards him as he gave her a small smile.

"Hey Jess how can I help you?"

"Dr. Jin, Adam and I are going out to start our search for Ross so we can at least be ahead in the search. Will you be okay on your own in the for about an hour?" Jin tapped the pen in his hand on his chin as he processed the idea.

"I'd say yes, in the span of one hour the walkers shouldn't come in. Plus there haven't been any raiders as of late so I'm pretty confident that I'll be fine on my own." Jess smiled happily as she started to walk off. "Oh and Jess, Adam's a keeper just give him time." Jess froze as she felt her face heat up Jin walked away with a triumphant smirk. Jess gripped her chest as her heart beat was beating significantly fast than normal. She had told her feelings to Adam but he's to blinded by rage to even process the confession he glossed over it like it was nothing. But its very clearly caught him off guard for him to soften his angered gaze, it was faint but it was visible to a keen eye.

"Maybe by doing this for him it will help him vent? Yeah, Adam is hurting he needs all the support possible and that's what I'll do. For Adam!"