Behind Bars

Adam, Barney and Jess were stranded between the army of snipers and a crazy man grinning at them like a hungry beast. Jess nervously looked around cautiously, she saw an opening they could escape if they ran with all the speed they could muster up. She got closer to the guys and whispered to them.

"Guys 4:00..." The guys quickly looked and saw the opening. Barney already was down for running, Adam however wasn't as enthusiastic.

"No! That's a bad idea, they have us surrounded, we make a break for it they'll kill us."

"Adam we have to at least try, besides it's our only chance of escape, would you rather be under their control?" Jess attempted to reason, Adam gritted his teeth but nodded slowly. Barney and Jess both looked at Adam's fingers to see him counting down from five once the last finger disappeared into a fist they quickly tried to run. But a soldier was at the ready for they pulled the trigger, it seemed like everything went in slow motion the bullet was clearly lead too far ahead where Jess was. The bullet impacted her knee as pain shot through her nervous system into her brain sending the signal that she has been injured harshly. Jess, as quickly as the soldier shot her fell to the ground in pain clutching her knee as she cried screaming in absolute agony. Barney went to her side immediately trying to calm her down, at the moment Barney was the only sane one for the very second Adam heard Jess's scream he stopped running and turned to see her in pain. When he saw her in such a state he removed his goggles and allowed them to hang on his neck, his eyes widen in pure shock and horror, he turned to the man sensually licking his lips in hunger. Adam's normally bright eyes have turned dark seemingly blinded by rage, his always plastered smile changed to that of a an angered frown with a growl that challenges that of a wolf ready to strike down its enemy. In a full sprint Adam ran towards the Man with a full kill intent on his mind, he didn't care about his life, didn't care if he would get shot as well, what he was after was that man's blood to be splattered everywhere, on the walls on the ground, feed it to the plant life if possible even have some on himself to remind himself that he killed this man for injuring Jessica, and he will be sure to keep his head as a souvenir of this day. Two guards pushed him back both clearly struggling, Adam tried to reach the man who was grinning like the asshole he is.

"YOU BASTARD WHEN I GET MY FUCKING HANDS ON YOU!!! You hurt Jess, I'll kill you, I'LL KILL YOU!!!" The man laughed as he stepped a little closer.

"You must hate me, good I like my meals better with bent up rage." after that he punched Adam with such force into his eye knocking him out.

"ADAM!!!" Jess screamed tears falling from her eyes, she heard another body fall over and saw Barney was knocked out as well "BARNEY!!!" They soon did the same to Jess.

After what felt like hours Adam and Barney woke up with a headache both slowly stood up, stumbling a bit trying to stand straight. Barney was in a daze then he saw Adam and walked up to the bars holding the bars to help him stand.

"Goat! Wakes up!! Where is this? What it's going ons?" Adam got up and shook his head slightly waking him from his daze, he looked at Barney he was prepared to answer when a soldier came in and and left food infront their cells.

"Eat up punks!" Adam stared at the food it's was peaches and water both of them got two cans of peaches nand a single water bottle.

"Where are we... Where is Jess!?" Adam demanded as he gripped the bars until his knuckles turned white. Barney knew this side of Adam all too well, he was aggressive like this once when his wife Alesa was killed by the zombies, when it happened he grabbed his bat and swung at every available zombie in his way, he struck them down with such force it was amazing, but terrifying how he was out for blood. Barney never liked this side of Adam, he was there for him to help him relax from nearly attacking everything in his path and normally it was difficult to get him out of this state. The soldier started to grin as he learned in close to Adam's cell stating very ominously.