Goodbye

The group finally arrived to the Washington DC as they stood in front of the monument. Vines were growing on it, holes were found on it. There were tented signifying people were camped there for a few days. Jess had finally been able to walk on her own two feet as she walked around freely without the pesky stick she had to lean on. Ross looked around the chests to see if there were any medical supplies to be found. Barney hung back looking at Adam as he kept his distance from Jess, while Jess was trying to stay near him.

"Whos prefers? Goat or Nicks?"

"Barney why are you asking me this all of a sudden?"

"You speaks highlys of both I wans to knows which yous likes betters."

"We-Well if we're talking about those two, Adam. Don't get me wrong I love Nick as much as the others but I see him as a great friend to talk to."

Barney sighed to himself, seeing Adam being a stubborn fool really annoyed him. So he stayed in the shadows in their complicated relationship, they like each other it's very apparent. Yet seeing them in this state where there is tension in one side while the other hasn't a clue that he's avoiding her, it's making him want to scream out to the world Adam you idiot she's trying to advance on you!!! Barney had to suppress every fiber in his body to prevent himself from screaming that. He's not the type to get force two people together unlike many others in the civilized world when they shipped him and his friend Adam together. Though he couldn't understand why they did, there were no innuendos that could give those people that idea... But aside from that. The group finally left to go to the White House. The group saw that there were barbed wires near the front as they walked forward.

The house stood tall but the shape it was in was heart wrenching for these patriotic souls. It struck Adam much worse as he looked at the building. He could hardly look at it with a straight face without gritting his teeth in rage. As they walked into the building they found corridors upon halls upon rooms never ending.

"The White House is too big for all of to search together. But, perhaps if we separate into pairs then we can cover more ground." Ross suggested Barney lit up as he placed an arm around Ross's shoulder with a grin.

"I goes with Doctor this ways, You twos head that's way." Before Adam could protest Barney quickly ran towards his side and shouted. "WE MEETS UP IN HOURS!!" Adam sighed as he looked at Jess with a small smile.

"I guess it's just us two. Lets's go." Jess smiled and grabbed Adam's hand as the two walked looking through the rooms carefully.

"Hmm doesn't seem like they around here. Nick! Ghetto! AK! Shark! Are you guys around here?" Jess shouted as she still held Adam's hand. He was blushing the majority of the time but was able to get his hand back when he heard a walker sneak up behind them.

"Man I wonder how Barney is doing... He must be awkward with that doctor." Adam suggested, Jess felt herself shiver in displeasure.

"Man I'm glad I didn't get paired with him honestly, don't get me wrong I respect him and everything. It's just they way he presents himself feels... unsettling and fake..."

"I get what you mean, he has this look in his eye that feels like he's removing the articles of clothing on your person. Almost as if he's violating you with just his eyes." Jess shivered even more as she started wiping herself

"ADAM!! THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!" Adam stood there laughing at her. Jess pouted in annoyance at the male before her but broke into a smile none the less. She couldn't help it his laugh and smile were contagious. The two laughed and finally reached the end of the hall and found a stairwell headed down the stairs. The two exchanged a look as Adam stood behind her and she walked forward down into the basement. Adam walked down looking back thinking what Barney was going through with Ross.

Barney walked ahead of Ross into an auditorium where the president made his speeches. He walked around looking bored out of his mind seeing nothing around. His guard was down and his trust was at its peek, that's until he felt a sharp pain on his arm as he turned to see Ross looking at him with a sadistic smile.

"Ugh... Ross... What d-did you dos..." Barney started inching towards him but felt his legs start to give away as he fell on all fours coughing his body started to weaken. Ross leaned down and lifted his chin looking at the eyepatch wearing male smiling insanely.

"I've been looking for a test subject for quite a while now thank you Barney for being such a consenting participant~" Ross stood as he walked away from Barney who was left on the ground to wither away. He felt his consciousness slip from his own fingertips. His body shook as his body temperature dropped. He looked up as images of him, Jess and Adam started to appear before his eyes, tears welping in his eyes.

"Jet... Adam's... I... I dons.. I dons want to say goodbye... Not like this... Please..."

Jess and Adam finally reached the bottom of the stairwell as they found a vault tightly shut but heard voices on the otherside.

"Nick! Ghetto?!" Jess shouted from the otherside as they heard a muffled response.

"Jess? Is that you?!" The vault was opened as there stood the guys. Nick, AK, Ghetto and Shark all stood there with a scientist. Jess ran towards them with glee as she hugged all of them happily. Adam smiled contently as he watched them saying their hellos.

"Nick this is Adam, or as Barney would say. Goat." Nick looked at Adam in surprise.

"Wait... Your Goat? Well either way it's a pleasure to meet you." Adam looked at Nick with a mannerful smile and shook his hand.

"Then I guess it's safe to assume you're Nick?" Nick nodded happily. "Jess told me a lot about you, she... She really admires you're morals." Nick blushed as he scratched his cheek nervously. Ghetto walked up to Adam with interest.

"What about me has she said anything about me?" He asked, it almost sounded like a plea. Adam looked at him as he thought for a second.

"Are you the guy that loves peaches?" Ghetto lit up happily as he fist pumped the air.

"YES SHE TALKED ABOUT ME!!!" Jess chuckled nervously as she walked back to Adam's side.

"I'm sorry to break this reunion short but where's Barney?" AK asked as Jess looked at him with a smile.

"Oh his with Doctor Ross, we can go right now and collect -"

"Doctor Ross?!" The scientist exclaimed in fear. Nick and the others started to fidget nervously as well. "Your friend d is in danger we have to save him now!"

"What do you mean he's in danger? How do you know?!" Adam asked confusion filling his voice unsure of what's happening.

"I'm Doctor Jin, a scientist and the disciple of Doctor Ross. He had a mind set of how to improve us humans and our mortality, he is the reason we're in this world. He's the creator of the virus. And he's still out there finding more ways to improve the affects and make them happen faster. Your friend might fall subject to his expirementation." Adam felt his heart drop as he turned tail and ran Jess and the others followed calling out to Adam trying to calm him down as they ran. Adam felt visions of his happy friend appear tears already falling hoping, praying that the worst isn't so. There was a groan that was sentient enough for Adam to depict what was said as he stopped his tracks and looked up. Before him walking towards him was his friend... Barney.

"Barney..."

"G...O...A...T....." Adam felt tears falling much quicker as he took out a pistol at his friend his hand was shaking as he looked at him. Jess and the others caught up to him as they saw Adam trembling.

"Adam!! Don't he's our friend!!" Jess shouted, but Barney was inching closer as Adam couldn't stop shaking.

"Barney!! Please don't make me do this!!! BARNEY!!!!" Adam looked down unable to look at friend as he knew he was gone he pulled the trigger and there was the sound of a body falling over. Adam looked up as he saw his friend lay died. He felt his knees give out as he fell he started crying Jess ran up to him and hugged him as she let the waterworks out as well. They had lost someone precious to them. They had been forced to say goodbye to Barney.