Escaping Hayworth

Adam had both hands in his hair in pure stress. He paced in the kitchen for a bit then stopped as he heard others approaching.

"Guys we have to move, NOW!" Adam quickly slung one of Jess's arms around his shoulder and looked at Barney. "Keep us safe you have the gun alright!" Barney nodded and lead the both of them ahead of him, Adam walking as quickly as he could with Jess leaning on him. There was a corridor that lead to a dead end, but there was a door to the right Adam quickly tried to get it opened as Barney saw the Guards approaching, he was trembling. Barney looked back and saw Adam finally opened the doors, all three of them ran inside attempting to close the door. And when they finally did they locked the door and barricaded it to ensure it would stay closed. Adam slowly placed Jess on the floor to let her rest, he saw Tears falling as she was bitting her lips to where she drew blood. Adam grabbed her cheeks and pressed his forehead against hers, his eyes fixated on her injured knee, he grabbed her hand intertwining his fingers and hers as he pulled his head back.

"Jess I promise we will get you out of this hell, and when we do we will find a place to rest so you can recuperate you knee. I'm sorry this happened you... It should have been me..." Adam felt a hand on his cheek as he looked at Jess's face, she was frowning at him

"Adam there was no way of you knowing this would have happened, none of us did, you need to pull yourself together." Adam looked like he was going to cry again but shook it off as he nodded, he looked around the area and saw skulls in display with worn out signs with engravments of names. Adam scoffed as he moved on and looked around more and his nightmare became real.

"No... No this can't be it!" Barney saw his friend as he frantically ran around the room, touching every wall. "It's another dead-end, FUCK!!!" Adam kicked a chest and a rock fell out of it, Barney grabbed it and looked at his friend having a melt down, to be honest he himself was having a melt down after see the kitchen.

"Come on Barney this way." Adam whispered as Barney followed quietly as possible, they had escaped their cells by stealing the key from the Guard when Barney scared him towards Adam's cell, and Adam picked pocketing him. They were at the Cafeteria and saw chests with labels on them saying Scraps Adam opened it and flinched back with his eyes wide open. "Oh my god! Barney... Don't look in those chest okay..." Barney rose a eyebrow and disobeyed only to regret looking inside. Barney fell back in fear pushing his body away from the wide open chest revealing the human skeletons scattered inside smelling like blood and decay.

"Wh-what is that's doings here?! Goat, I wants leave and leaves NOW!!" Adam hissed at his friend as he heard footsteps. And quickly hid under a table.

"Shh Barney you'll get us caught! Take deep breathes once we find Jess we can try to get out of here." Barney trembling at the chest as he looked at Adam and nodded slowly. Adam stuck out a hand to help Barney up, and they went back to looking for Jess.

"Goat I wants to leave NOW!!!" Barney gripped his head as he looked at the skulls, he was the level headed one who turned into the desperate one.

"Barney relax, this isn't like you, your freaking out like when we were in the Cafeteria!"

"Barney broke down?" Jess asked in shock Barney was considered their comedy relief in their group, the one that keeps everyone sane, but this fortress not only broke them but Barney as well, this was a sign that they needed to leave and fast. Adam placed his goggles back on seeing as his eye sight isn't the best. He did a quick sweep of the place again and saw something on the ground, he leaned in and was able to identify it as a pressure plate, Adam came to a realization as he snapped his fingers.

"Barney give me the rock for a second." Barney complied and handed him the rock with a shaking hand. Adam tossed the rock on to the pressure plate and an opening appeared with ladders to go through. "A secret exit... GUYS!! Over here."