Trapping Ross

They had found him, it was a gain that brought Adam to joy but it wasn't fulfilling to just have him enclosed. Jess and Adam had brought Ross to the White House tied up and held up in a room. Nick and the others were still out in their expedition. Jin was in the same room as them as he was staring at Ross in fear.

"Y-you guys found him... Oh my god... I-I have to contact Nick-"

"No." Adam stated bluntly as he looked down at the grey haired man. Jin was in shock Adam wasn't talkative to start with he kept to himself but wasn't in a stable state of mind after the incident with Barney. He seemed aggressive in his behaviour as of late, it was very dangerous for sure.

"Adam, I can't keep them in the dark. If they come back to find Ross tied up and imprisoned in one of the rooms Nick won't be happy that you didn't follow orders." Jess looked at Jin as she clenched her hand. This was something that Adam needed to do to help him vent and she was going to let him have his way so he could go back to happy Adam, the Adam that never ceased to make her smile and laugh, the Adam she loves. So if capturing Ross and keeping him imprisoned helps then so be it.

"You can tell Nick we already have Ross under our custody. Adam how about you go with Jin I'll stay here and keep watch over Ross, sound fair?" Adam looked at Jess and gave a sigh as he nodded, he and Jin walked out of the room but Adam turned to Jess with a stern gaze.

"Keep him under your line of sight at all times he's a crafty one." Then he left, Jess smiled as she felt herself blush, he was actually worried about her. He's slowly becoming himself again. Her happy thoughts were cut short due to Ross chuckling darkly.

"Why are you laughing?"

"It's cute you think he's worried about you." She felt her eyes widen in shock how did he know what she was thinking?! "Hun your like an open book, a heroine to a shojo manga. But he doesn't care about you, he's too blinded by rage to even think about you. I'm all that's in his mind, I am like his addictive drug. He hates me but he can't get rid of me, why? Because I made him do the unthinkable, after that day everything went downhill didn't it? He constantly visits the grave, is too distracted by guilt to sleep, pushes loved ones to the side~"

"Shut up!! You are the cause of his grief!! But of course an emotionless slime such as yourself would never understand, he's a broken shell because of you. Up until now that is. Your here as our prisoner we call the shots now, so your going to help us find a proper cure for Ghetto and you will pay the consequences for your actions." Ross grinned as he looked at Jess straight in the eyes.

"Jessica, it would seem you are forcing yourself, it's Adam isn't it? He killed his best friend and he is now a broken toy you can't let go. You preying that you cheap attempts at being a toy maker could amend this destroyed being. But it will never work, it's over for him." Ross grinned as he saw Jess stand up and storm towards him she raised her hand and back handed his face tears threatening to fall as she growled at the man.

"Adam isn't broken, he will prevail! And I will help him every step of the way!!"

"Is that what you think you are doing, helping him? Letting him do as he pleases? If anything it's making the matter worse~" Ross laughed at Jess who was getting angry. He didn't know what he was talking about he's delusional, everything she has done as of late it's been for Adam when she acted as bait to lure Ross out of hiding, she did it because she trusted Adam to save her. Ross doesn't understand the extent of her passion for Adam and she won't let him. But Adam hasn't been getting any better as of late, could it just be taking longer than needed? No Ross couldn't be right could he? No, he is a psychopath that almost killed humanity, never trust a genocidal maniac.

"Adam... How are you feeling?" Jin asked as Adam continued walking his bagged eyes looking straight ahead as he advanced towards the stairs that lead to the bunker. Jin was starting to feel uncomfortable around the man. His aura wasn't exactly the friendliest, in fact it was hostile. Plus, Jess being lenient with the man wasn't helping. She's been acting as a servant rather then a friend, only listening to his demands and not for opinions, it was unhealthy. "Adam... I was wondering if you could pull back your rage for Jess's sake?" Adam froze on the steps making Jin stop as he felt himself tremble fearing he might have said something wrong. But he noticed Adam's tensed body relaxed.

"... I wish I could..."

"Of course you can. You just need to look at the bright side of things rather than the evil of what Ross caused. He may have caused the death of millions of people, injected your friend with the same serum making him turn, forced you to kill him but he is the only one that can fix this hell, and Jess is the second person that is close to you. She cares about you so much she's not seeing that you being near Ross is driving you mad. She thinks that doing what you want will help you vent and we both know thats not the case at all isn't, in fact it's making matters worse because the pity is hurting you." Adam looked down as he felt his shoulders shake, he knew that Jess was only doing the things he said to appease him because of his grief. She did it because she didn't want to give him any more negativity to deal with. And he loved her for caring about him so much, it was heart warming.

"She's such a sweet heart you know... She does as I say trying to give me positive outcomes as best she can in this hell... She pushed aside her common sense for me..." Adam couldn't hold back his tears as he sniffed his nose. Jin felt his eyes soften at the shorter male as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "She's done everything for me since we first met, she let me catch up with Barney, worried about our well beings, cooked for us when we didn't even ask... She's literaly an Saint that was forced into an unforgiving world. And I fell in love with her in our travels to find you guys. I want to be with her but as I am now... There is just no way I can."

"What are you talking about? She wants to be with you as well she can't get you out of her mind, the guys and I have seen the way she talks to you and smiles when she's around you. Why can't you be with her?" Adam turned to Jin as he reached into his pocket he took out a ring it was a wedding ring with the engraving inside said Alesa

"Everyone I love dies, first it was my wife Alesa, we were going to start a family together the day it happened. Barney was my best friend and he survived with us up until three months later we got ambushed... Now Two years later and a week ago, my best friend, Barney is dead... It's a pattern that has been happening since the apocalypse I don't what the same thing to happen to Jess. I love her too much to lose her as well."