Chapter 6

"Enjoying your book?"

I looked up to see Lord Niklaus walking towards me with his hands behind his back and that gorgeous smile placed on his lips.

I smiled back before nodding.

"Elijah gave it to me." I told him when he reached the table. I closed the book and glanced at it before looking back up at him.

I saw his smile falter a bit, and his eyebrows slightly rose up.

"So, you're on the first name basis now?" He queried.

I instantly bowed when I realized what he just meant. I just called Lord Elijah just "Elijah" infront of him. If that's not a sign of disrespect, what is?

"He insisted. But if it is very displeasing. Please accept my sincere apology."

Silence.

It was silent for a moment that I started to think that he suddenly left. Until I heard him sigh, it was too low that I almost didn't hear him.

"No need for apologies. Afterall, like you said, Elijah insisted." He said.

I instantly looked up at him and smiled brightly. I'm glad that it didn't upset him.

"But..." he suddenly say.

"Yes?"

He leaned down to me, a few meters away from my face. He met my eyes, those ocean-blue eyes that I cannot resist smiled at me as he stared at my chocolate brown ones. His face was so close that I could hear and feel him breathing.

 His face was so close that I could hear and feel him breathing

"Call me Klaus." He said softly.

I almost melted by the way he looked at me. But then he leaned back and stood up. A smile still on his face. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. Oh my god.

But wait...

Call him "Klaus"?

I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "Why 'Klaus'?"

He shrugged and sat down on the seat across from me.

"Niklaus is the name my father gave me."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Me and my father aren't actually on good terms. Let's just say that the Father-son bond is just nowhere to be found." He told me.

I nodded. Actually understanding what he meant. We are actually the same. Father and me actually never had that father-daughter bond. All he ever wanted is for me to be theperfect daughter they wanted. They didn't think about my feelings. They just wanted me to succeed for their own special reasons.