Chapter 5

I grabbed a book from the table beside me and flipped through the pages.

Elijah seems to have a plan. Maybe he really wanted to tell me in person? But that's not it. He should've just told me over the phone. He always calls me when I was away. Maybe he still think that I can't kill Klaus. He should really put more faith in me.

I sighed. This won't get me anywhere. I'm bored.

I looked over at Damon who was sitting on the couch with his back turned from me while reading one of those overly dramatic gilbert journals. I closed the book and placed it back down on the table, then I leaned forward and rested my arms on the arm rest just behind him, putting my chin on my hand, supporting it.

I heard Damon click his tongue.

"May I help you?"

"I'm bored."

Then I heard him sigh in annoyance.

I ignored it, instead my gaze fell on the journal Damon was reading. My forehead creased when something caught my eye. I narrowed my eyes as I read it aloud.

"Emily Bennett was taken by the council today."

I leaned closer as I pointed to the text.
"They kidnapped her from her home and took her to the same location her ancestors were burned years ago."

I frowned as I thought about it.

"So Emily died in the site if the massacre too."

But where?

I looked back at the book Damon was holding.

"Does it say where?" I said as I tried to grab it from him.

Damon moved his hand away, making me not reach it. I frowned. "Nope." He answered, still keeping the book from me.

I raised an eyebrow.

This man.

He used to be sweeter years ago.

"You know this whole friendly, cooperative thing?"

"Hmm?"

I rested my head on my arms as I lean my head on Damons. He looked over his shoulders, then at me.

"I don't buy it."

I smirked.

"I have no reason to lie to you, Damon."

"Lie."

My smirk fell as I roll my eyes and stand up.
"I'm hungry."

"You're the unwanted houseguest. Go feed yourself."

This is hopless. I don't think they have any plans in waking up Elijah or handing them over to me. Not that I expected them to do so. But if i'm not going to benefit in this, might as well wake up Elijah. But I have to find him first and ask him what the hell these people are talking about because it seems to me that they already knew each other.

Elijah really doesn't trust me.

But just because of that?!

I walked down to the basement and got myself a bloodbag from the fridge. I opened it and gladly drank it.

I looked around, there's another way down to basement. I walked further, just to satisfy my curiousity. I found a closed door. Similar to the one I was locked in a while ago.

I was about to open the door when I heard the front door of the house opened then shut closed. Then I heard Stefan's voice.

I threw the empty bloodbag inside the nearest garbage can and vamped out of the basement and into the living room. I saw Stefan and Elena talking to Damon. I raised a brow.