Chapter 8

UNEDITED. Chapter Eight

"We're delivering the moonstone and the doppelganger." Katherine said as she turned on the radio of her car and drove.

I remained quiet. I looked out of the window, still wary about Isobel's proposal.

It just seems a little off.

"What are you thinking?" I heard her ask beside me.

"Nothing." I said blankly.

As bad as it sounds, betraying the Salvatores doesn't really matter much to me. But they have Elijah. Surely, they can't do anything to Elijah's body, right? I mean, after all, he's an original.

I suddenly feel bad that I was actually doing these things without him.

I sighed, i'm sorry Elijah, but I have to do things alone, without your help.

"We're here." I heard her say.

I looked in front and saw that we're indeed in front of my apartment. With the sound of the doors unlocking, I got out of the car without uttering another word.

"Alexis.." I heard my sister say, following behind me.

"What?" I asked dryly, before walking up to the front door and unlocking it. The familiar scent of my perfume reaching my nostrils as I entered the place. Ah, this is what you call fragrance.

"you'll have to get the moonstone." She said eagerly as she followed me inside.

"there's no need." I told her as I walked to the kitchen and straight to the fridge, I pulled out a blood bag.

I saw her took a seat on the bar stool and placed her keys on top of the counter as she watched me take out two empty glasses and place it on the table. "What do you mean?" She asked frowning slightly in confusion.

"I already have it." I said casually before handing her a glass after pouring some blood in it.

she grinned, "nice." She said as she took the glass and drank from it, only to spit it out instantly the second it made contact with her mouth. She started coughing. "What the hell?!" She screamed between her coughing and glared up at me.

"Vervain?!"

I smiled at her before shrugging and sat down on the bar stool across from her. "I forgot to put it out from your drink." I told her before sipping from my drink, somehow feeling a little sting when I gulped my drink down my throat. But not like before, it didn't hurt me much.

"Are you crazy?!" She snapped at me, once she had stopped coughing. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

"oh please, it was just a little vervain. I thought it would take more than that to kill you." I teased, somehow enjoying seeing my sister lose her composure and glared at me. Those innocent doe eyes, narrowing like slits as she scowled at me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Let me ask you something, Katherine." I told her while sipping from my glass.

She didn't say anything, though she didn't have a choice.

"How long did you know Isobel?" I asked her calmly.

she huffed before rolling her eyes and shifted in her seat for a more comfortable position. "Longer than you could imagine." She said dryly.

"And your certain that we can trust her. That you can trust her?"

"Yes." She answered quickly.

I shook my head in disagreement. "Compare your beloved friend, Isobel, to the blood in that glass." I said as I pointed at the glass in her hands. She looked down at it briefly before turning back to me.