Chapter 9

Unedited. Chapter Nine

"Call her." I ordered my sister as soon as we entered Isobel's place. Katherine only rolled her eyes at me but obliged after placing her-Elena's coat down on the table beside the bottom of the stairs.

I was silently standing just in front of her, watching as she dialled Isobel's number when I suddenly heard a very faint footstep.

It was very faint that I had to give it a second thought. The whole place was quiet and when I activated my vampire hearing, I heard the sound of a phone ringing, coming from Katherine's phone and a faint heart beat.

I frowned.

A heart beat.

Not belonging to mine or Katherine's.

Someone's here....

I don't know if i'm just being paranoid, or what, but my instincts are screaming at me that we're not the only ones here. And my instincts never failed me.

"Where are you going?" Katherine asked as she watched me walk up the stairs.

"Just checking upstairs." I told her without looking back and proceeded in walking upstairs.

I narrowed my eyes when the heart beat suddenly vanished and the faint footsteps disappeared. Was it just my imagination?

I was about to head to the narrow hallway, leading to many doors when I heard Katherine's voice.

"what?" she snapped.

"I'm sorry Katherine. He wanted the moonstone. And he wanted you." Isobel's voice spoke from the other end of the line.

He?

My eyes widened with sudden realization. A cold shiver ran down my spine and at the same time, anger boiled deep inside me.

Just as I suspected, she betrayed us! She sold us out!

I was fast to walk down the stairs only to witness a man-no. A witch, giving Katherine one of those immense migraine. Katherine's body fell on the floor with a loud thud as she fell unconscious.

He didn't see me so I took the opportunity and vamp sped towards him. I tackled him on the ground with my hands gripping his neck tighter as I bared my fangs at him.

"Who sent you?!" I hissed at him.

After those words left my mouth, I suddenly felt like my brain is gonna explode, making me release my grip from his neck and stood up while clutching my head.

I couldn't think straight. All I could feel was my mind exploding into a thousand pieces. The pain was so great it had me screaming as I clutched my head hoping the pain would go away if I do so.

"I have a message from Klaus." I heard him say seriously.

I looked up at him while still clutching my head. I narrowed his eyes at him as I felt the pain suddenly go away.

"He said, he's coming for you."

I sneered at his words. "Hell no." I hissed venomously and with vampire speed charged towards him.

Only to be stopped by a force, and the immense pain back in my head, penetrating my brain. As if it's exploding into a thousand pieces.

Then, everything went black.

-

"Today is a fine morning, isn't it?"

Lord Niklaus' voice broke into my train of thoughts. I quickly turned around, and found him standing in the doorway to my room.