Chapter 2: Home, sweet home

Chapter 2: Nessa's POV*

"Lady Nessa....."

"Lady Neessaa...."

I groaned at the sound of someone calling my name. I was still tired and wanted more sleep.

"Lady Nessa please wake up." said a calm quiet voice. I groaned again and turned to around to see who the owner of the voice was.

It was Bergdis, the girl who found me on the beach. How I got there still had me thinking but I should be able to get answers from Odin soon.

"Oh... Good morning Bergdis." I said in a groggy voice, practically yawning half of it. Bergdis gave me a small smile, "Good morning Lady Nessa. I am sorry to wake you, but it is time for breakfast and we must still take proper care of your wounds before you leave." she said."Oh yeah, I'll just... Uh... I'll be out in a minute." I responded tiredly. She smiled at me again before nodding softly, and leaving the room.

I looked down at my limbs to see they were still all scratched up and bruised, just like the rest of my body. Usually as a god, an Asgardian even, my body healed quite quickly so I was surprised to see it only very slightly better than yesterday.

I swung my legs to the side of the bed, wincing slightly, but that was nothing compared to when I went to get up. Once I had my feet planted firmly on the ground I noticed had what I was wearing, it was a thin, white cotton nightgown, obviously one of Bergdis'.

I looked towards the door and went to take a step forward but when I did I fell over, my feet still to weak to properly support my weight after lying in bed for so long. I used my hands to prevent me falling flat on my face but they too gave out and I ended up lying on the ground on my side.

The thud must have worried Bergdis because five seconds later, she came bursting through the door to see what happened. "Oh my! Lady Nessa are you ok!?" she asked in a worried tone. Before I even had a moment to respond she was already down, kneeling beside me helping me get off the floor.

"I am fine Bergdis, my body is just not used to walking yet." I reassured her. She helped me up but had disbelieving look on her face, before she nodding and let me stand alone. "Alright but, I should help you get to the kitchen." she said before slipping her arm around for support. I decided not to object, not wanting to fall if I tried walking by myself again.

I put my arm around her shoulder for extra support and she held onto it tightly, before we slowly walked into the kitchen. Me half limping and wincing almost every step. But I tried to mask my pain, not wanting to seem weak in front of them.

We walked into the kitchen to see Áki cooking on the stove. He looked up from his cooking as he noticed that I'd walked in and greeted me."Good morning Lady Nessa." "Good morning Áki." I responded. He gave me a quick smile. "How was your sleep." "Good." "Well that's good." he replied.

There was a short awkward silence before Bergdis broke it with a question. "Where will you be going once you leave?" she asked. I looked up from the delicious looking omelette that was just placed on my plate to look at her, she seemed genuinely curious.

"I will be returning back to the palace." I told her. The look on her face made me worried that she was going to pass out. "The palace!? Oh how I would love to visit the palace one day and be able to walk in it's extravagant golden Walls. To be able to dress like a queen and dance in the ballroom...." She kept on talking about all the things she longed to do, but I tuned her out slightly and turned towards slightly who was now seated and eating his food.

"Is she always like this?" I questioned in a hush voice leaning towards him. "Yes but, you learn to live with it." He answered back. "Oh" I replied looking back towards her. She was still listening what she wanted to do in the palace, using lots of hand gestures to emphasise. So I decided to cut her short. "Well, if I can get there safely enough, I'd be more than happy to let you come for a visit. Maybe even if you'd like, you could stay there for a bit." Her face lit up and started going red, she looked like she was about to blow up. And she did well, verbally at least.