Chapter 8: It's a Cap kind of day

Note: you must read the plot summary for chapter 7 to be up to date on what's happening in this chapter.

Chapter 8: Nessa's POV*

We arrived at Steve's house, turns out Steve's house is actually an apartment located 50 minutes away from S.H.I.E.L.D HQ.

"Hi, Steve." His neighbour said as he walked past her. "Hello, Sharon." He replied as he continued walking to his apartment. He put the key into the door and twisted it to unlock it after opening the door he waiting for me to walk in first. I nodded in acknowledgment and walked into his apartment. His apartment was small, with cream coloured walls, a kitchen, a dining room, a small lounge room, a bathroom and one bedroom. I turned around as Steve closed and locked the door behind him.

"So, umm. Did you want to eat something?" He asked unsure of what to do in this situation.

"No uh..., I'm fine thank you." I replied. He silently nodded and put his hands in his pockets as he began rocking on the balls of his feet, something I noticed he did when he was nervous. We stayed like that in the awkward silence for a good 10 seconds before I decided to break the ice.

"Did you want to watch a movie Steve, there's usually something on at this time?" I asked confidently, not letting the situation's awkwardness sway my voice from its normal tone.

"Um, sure. I'd like that." He responded, giving me a quick, toothy grin.

"I'll go make the popcorn, you can pick the movie." He said to me. I nodded as he walked away to the kitchen to make the popcorn. I felt slightly bad for the thought, but I couldn't help but wonder: Does Steve know how to make popcorn? I shrugged off the thought thinking that he'll be fine. I turned on the TV to find that he didn't have paid TV, only the standard channels. So I looked and saw that 'War Horse' was going to play in twenty minutes. I couldn't admit it at the time but that movie makes me cry every time I watch it. I heard the soft beeping of a microwave alarm and a soft 'ouch' in the kitchen as what I presumed was Steve touching to hot popcorn bag. I laughed a little at the possibility that a 'big super-soldier' was hurt by a bag of popcorn.

"I think I'll just go to the bathroom really quickly, before the movie starts." I told Steve as I got up off the couch.

"Oh yeah, uh, it's the second door on your left. Fury said that he left clothes for you on my bed so if you like you can have a shower while I wait for the movie to start." Steve suggested. I nodded in response and started making my way towards the bedroom first. I was slightly confused as to why Fury would leave me clothes when he knows that I can change myself into anything with the blink of an eye, but when I saw what it was he left me it made more sense. He left me a S.H.I.E.L.D issue black combat jumpsuit along side black combat boots and a belt equipped with two handguns, some ammunition and throwing knives. It didn't have any of the S.H.I.E.L.D badges on it though as I wasn't a S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

I just shrugged and made my way to the bathroom deciding that I would indeed have a shower. I walked into the bathroom stripped down and showered. Feeling much cleaner I used my wind power to fast dry myself and used my powers to change my self into burgundy track-pants and a plain white, crew neck, t-shirt, my normal sleeping attire.

I made my way to the couch as I re-tied my hair into a ponytail. I sat on the couch next to Steve and grabbed a handful of popcorn, slowly eating them one by one. The movie was going to start in a couple minutes.

"So what's this movie about anyway?" Steve asked me. I looked up at him and started explaining.

"Well, to say it briefly; it's a movie about this boy from England who befriends and teaches his horse to plough, though he's not a ploughing horse. Then when the first world war begins his dad sells the horse to the army for them to use in the cavalry, then we see the horses adventures during the war and change in owners until eventually he comes back to the boy who is now in the army." I explained joyfully, I loved this movie.