Chapter 4: S.H.I.E.L.D HQ

Chapter 4: Nessa's POV*

I slowly started to regain my senses as I started to wake up. It took me a good few minutes but eventually I had woken up enough to be able to move around. I was still half asleep so when I slowly started to half open my eyes but I did not expect that to be my first sight.

Lying in front of me was Loki, his eyes closed, breathing slow, deep breaths, the hint of a smile on his face. I smiled lightly at him, still not fully awake. It was the most peaceful I'd seen him in a while. I stayed still like that for a few seconds before it finally occurred to me what was happening.

Loki was sleeping next to me.

Me being well...... me. Had the instant urge to run from the scene and figure out what happened and what did I miss whilst I was sleeping. So I quickly and hurriedly climbed over the sleeping Loki and, forgetting I was on a small couch, tumbled onto the floor shrieking slightly in surprise and landed with a small thud. I stayed there, lying on the ground, unmoving for a few seconds. I heard rustling coming from the couch above.

Then, slowly, Loki's head came peeking out from the side of the couch. He stared at me unblinking for a moment before his face broke into his infamous smirk as he shook his head lightly at me. I scowled at him, making sure he knew that this was not funny, he just chuckled in return.

"Good morning!" he said over-cheerfully, giving me a big, exaggerated smile showing all his teeth. "I trust you slept well...." He trailed. By then I was sick of his fooling around and decided to take action. I pulled him by the back of his neck onto the spot on the floor next to me and then, swiftly and quickly, rolled on top of him. Placing my hands on his chest to keep him down and my knees on either side of his hips for support.

He looked up at me in shock that I had managed to catch him off guard and I smirked in response. We just stayed like that for a few seconds his face in one of shock mine displaying a rather satisfied smirk, until we looked each other in the eye.

The longer we held each others gaze the more our faces dropped into an emotionless wall, the world around us fading as each other's eyes became the only thing we focussed on. His eyes were such a beautiful emerald green, and his jet black hair just made them stand out more.

The sound of a camera clicking, a bright flash and someone 'awing' broke us both out of our staring faze. "Awwwww! You guys are so adorable." Jane gushed. Loki and I both looked from Jane to each other for a few times before we both decided to get up at the same time.

"I don't really think 'adorable' is the appropriate word to describe us." Loki pointed out and I had to agree with him, we definitely were not adorable. "Oh come on you guys! As if you can't see that you make the most adorable couple." Jane reasoned.

If I was drinking something I would have surely choked on it. 'Me and Loki a couple, that's absurd!' I thought. "Jane, we are not a couple, we're not even very good friends." I explained. Her face showed emotions of shock and slight disappointment.

"Oh.... Well you guys should so go out, don't you think Thor." She said cheering up instantly and turning towards Thor who was now awake. "Uh.... I think that they have the potential to become a good couple but I do not think they would date." He said, he seemed very awkward and was thinking carefully of what he was saying before he said it. 'What is wrong with him?' I thought.

Jane saw that something was wrong as well so she decided to change the topic. "So I've made a big breakfast because you guys are going to have a long day ahead of you and will need the energy." She explained. Loki seemed weary of the idea of a Mortal making him food and had to ask; "What is for breakfast?"