Chapter Five

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

"Last night was mad crazy, I got like five numbers just by telling them I was Drake's cousin" Ryan said.

Me and all of the guys were eating a well needed lunch, after staying up till nearly 7:00am. We were in New York for a important studio session with well known producer Swizz Beats.

We had made magic before with my hit "Fancy", and we were planning on creating more with a few songs from my new album. Whenever I traveled far away, I tried to bring everyone with me. I had to let my guys experience this shit while I had it. I would die for the people I kept in my close circle, and I know they would do the same for me.

Noah, or better known as "40" was the true heart behind my music career. He was my main producer, and responsible for many of my hits. I never released a song, unless 40 heard it.

Oliver was my brand manager, always making sure everything was kept in place. Whenever I had shit going on with merchandise or my brand in general, it had to go through Oliver first.

Ryan was my cousin on my mom's side. We had always been close growing up, and I couldn't have done this shit without him. He was the one that always tried fucking with women, and he jokingly considered himself as "the cute one".

OB was truly my right hand man, also the goofiest one. Whenever OB partied, he made the party. There was never a dull moment with him, and rarely any problems. He kept everyone laughing even in our worst moods.

Niko, better known as Neeks was the brother that I never had. Whenever I just needed to talk to someone, he was the one with the answers. I met him back when I was shooting Degrassi, and he stuck with me every since then.

Chubbs was my muscle in this industry. He wasn't the one for the bullshit and was the protective one. Out of everyone, Chubbs was probably the quickest one to jump when shit went down.

Then you got Future the Prince, CJ, Hush, Boi-1da, Mike, Majid, Pnd, Baka, Jonny, Abel, and Jmac.

All of them were all my brothers, and a big reason that OVO is standing strong today. Everyone of them provided something that the others couldn't, and that's a true definition of brotherhood.

"What you thinking bout, why you over there in a daze?" Chubbs said, while nudging my shoulder.

"Just thinking, gotta finish the last of this studio session up with Swizz. Not too sure of what we coming up with though, the sound ain't right".

"Nah, he over there thinking about that girl from last night. The one he chased out the club, desperate much" OB said jokingly.

-------------------

"Play it back one more time, I think something needs to be changed".

Swizz played the track for the fifth time, but I felt like it was missing something. I didn't know what it was, but I knew something was missing. "I ain't feeling it, I think something it's missing".

Swizz shook his head, "Think about it, and let me know so it can be fixed".

I sat back on the couch, rubbing the top of my head. It was like I had lost it and had no inspiration. I unlocked my phone and went to the contact I had been staring at all day. I didn't know if I should text or call her, but I wanted to see her again. I felt like I needed to, when I saw her she just gave me a feeling that I've never felt.

"What y'all boys get into last night, a lot was poppin' off in New York".

I nodded, "We hit up 1OAK for Monica's after party, it was jammed pack".

"I heard about that, I was gone slide through but I got caught up". I laughed, "Alicia had you caught up, we all know".

"You know how it be sometimes, wifey more important". I nodded my head, and rose up from the couch. "I need to go out in the hall and make a call, I'll be back in a few".

I walked out into the hall, and looked at her contact info once again. I finally found the courage in myself, and clicked the call button.

After a few rings, I heard her voice.

"Hello".

I hesitated a bit, basically I was lost for words. It was weird because no woman has ever had me lost for words when we barely even knew eachother.

"Hey, is this Nicki"?

"Yes, may I ask whose calling"?

"It's Drake".

"Oh, hey".

"I was thinking about you, and wondering if I could take you out tonight"?

She hesitated, "Depends on where you're trying to go".

"I'm not sure, is there anywhere you'd prefer"?

"It's not up to me, it's up to you".

I liked the way she played mind games, it was quite attractive.

"I'll think of something, just dress up".

I wasn't even sure where I was going to take her, but I knew I was gone make it beautiful. I just needed to find something to put together.

------------------

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

"He called and asked me out, I basically told him yes. Then he texted me saying he'll pick me up from my house at 9:00pm".

"Bitch you better go, that's fucking Drake. This is a once in a lifetime chance, and you better take it". I smacked my lips as I pulled into the garage of my condo. "You know that money doesn't phase me, I don't give a damn if he was the richest man in the world".

"I know that but you should still give him a chance, you never know what could happen. He can also take your mind off of Safaree". I hated the fact that I constantly thought about him, but I didn't want him off my mind. I missed him, and yearned for his touch.

I knew exactly where she was going, but I wasn't up for it. "I'm about to find something to wear Candy, I'll call you later".

"You better, and let me know how everything goes". I hung up the phone, and got out the car. I searched for my house key, as the garage door let down. I had been at work since 7:00 am, I had important calls to make and a few heads to do. I was beyond tired, but I decided that I was going to go on this date.

I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I decided to wear my hair straight with a middle part. I picked out a Black and Red High-Waisted Skirt with a Cream Long-Sleeved Top. I complimented the outfit with a pair of Black Gisueppe Pumps and a Black Chanel Clutch.

Just when I got done getting dressed, I received a text message.

FROM: AUBREY

I'M FIVE MINUTES AWAY

I left the message on read, letting him know I was aware of what he said. I walked out my room, and down the stairs to wait on him.

I really wasn't interest in finding a new relationship, or trying to replace Safaree. I thought of this as an innocent date, nothing more and nothing less.