Chapter Thirty Nine

Looks guys, I'm sorry for my absence. My co-writer ( fyesdrizzy ) and I have both been busy. I'm getting ready to go to college, so I've been dealing with graduation and things of that sort. I'll try to work on the inconsistency, but it's not a guarantee. I will be moving miles away from home in the fall, beginning my college career, so please work with me.

I really still need you guys to be active readers, which includes voting and commenting.

THIS CHAPTER IS LONG & JUICY! PAY ATTENTION!
Thank you 😘

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

I impatiently rolled my eyes as I looked into the mirror, "It's still too big, I need this dress finished by tomorrow". The designer that Aubrey had suggested to make my dress for the Grand Opening was really starting to piss me off. "I thought you'd be bigger by now, so I added a little bit more fabric".

"Look, I told you I didn't want a loose dress to begin with, so is there anyway to fix this"? She nodded her head, "I can take it in around the waist area, but your boobs are really the issue. It's hard for me to take the dress out because your chest area keeps expanding".

With the hormones of this pregnancy and my hectic schedule, I had little room for any mistakes right now. "I'm sorry, it's the pregnancy and I have this event. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but just do whatever you need to do in order to make sure this dress fit perfectly".

She insisted that the dress would be ready by the morning and she'd be returning then. After the fitting was over, she left and I headed upstairs to grab my purse and slip on some shoes. There was music coming from our bedroom, so I knew Aubrey had to be in. I entered the room, but I didn't say anything to him when I walked in, I looked past the bed where he sat, heading into my closet to grab my purse.

On top of all of these last minute details with this event, Aubrey decided to walk his beige ass in this house at nearly 5 AM this morning. I wouldn't even be mad if he would've called or texted and let me know where he was, but I received nothing. I don't bother reaching out because he's a grown ass man, I shouldn't have to be down your throats about respecting this relationship. We'd been through this all before and I had nothing new to say.

"Goodmorning Onika", he said in a tired voice. I looked at him, walking out of the closet. "It's 2 in ten fucking afternoon, far past the morning time". He sighed, "I know you aren't mad man, I told you I lost track of time at the studio".

I rolled my eyes, "Don't give me that lame ass excuse Aubrey, we've been there and we've done that. It's not hard to text and let me know that. Don't even lie and say you weren't on your phone because I saw you liking shit on Instagram, so miss me with the bullshit before I smack the fuck out of you".

He sighed, "Man, you ain't gone smack shit. I'm sorry for not hitting you up, but it was honestly a mistake". I shook my head, "I don't even care, I have things to do today and arguing with you ain't one of them".

"Are you about to go to the shop"? I shook my head, noticing that he was trying to change the conversation. "Yeah, I need to make sure everything is how I want it be. I might have to change a few things, so I need to get there as soon as possible".

"Who's picking your mom up from the airport, I can have Chubbs do it if you need him to". I shook my head, "Jason is getting her".

He looked at me, "... And what about your dad"? I shrugged my shoulders, "I tried to reach out to him, but he never responded. Hopefully my mother let him know and he finds his way there. If not, the show will still go on".