Commentary - Get MAD (getting what you want)

Get Mad. 

Get angry at the failures, all the things thrown in your life.

All the people who have told you "no," or all the people who've whispered in your name, told you you could never make the cut.

All the people who've tried to crush you underfoot, the rejections that fill the garbage bin, the slams of doors telling you of denial.

Get mad.

It's real simple, real freaking simple. This is something I tell people when I'm teaching and discussing leadership development in goal success.

I like to use the acronym, MAD. Real simple to remember, easy to break it down.

Motivation - What do you want? Easy. What do you want. This is the 'What'. I Want to be a doctor, I want to be a billionaire, I want to be successful, rich, accomplish something. Figure it out. Remember what you want. Dream about it, study it, learn all you can about it. 

Action - You know what drives me nuts? The people who jabber and yak their mouths all the time. Saying they're going to be a somebody. They're going to be successful, all these big dreams. And you know what? They do absolutely nothing. Zero. Yeah, you can talk all you want, but it's all talk.

Talkers waste their breaths dreaming. People of Action and real dream seekers save it to make it a reality. 

You want what you want? Figure out what you need to do. Find what needs to be done. Do it. 

Drive - So you know what you want. You know what to do, and every day you're punching in that clock, you're running early in the morning, puking in the gym, fighting for that slot, that job. And you know what? You're being beaten. You're losing, you're feeling that it wasn't worth it. 

So what?

Success is a long, difficult, painful journey. The road to success is difficult, and marred by failure. 

In light of all that, quitting looks easy. That quitting door is right there. You can quit any time you want.

What then?

Are you really going to leave that option? Leave all that struggle for nothing? You suffered enough, get rewarded. Earn it. 

When you're on your knees, remember your drive.

Remember why you started what you're doing now. What you represent, your ideals, all the hopes and dreams associated with the goal.

Never forget why you started. 

So get mad. Get what you deserve, and what you want. Fight on.