Commentary - Part 11 / 9-11

It's extremely coincidental that I write this today, deleting the "Untitled Part 11" on this Draft that I have just opened.

9/11 changed my life, my generation, my world, forever. As a child I was confused, but as I slowly realized as I grew older, what sort of violence was brought down, this terror and this mass killing of innocent people, I changed a lot of what I wanted to become. When those towers fell, and I was old enough to understand, I knew in my heart, that I wanted to go out and commit to a life something greater than myself for my country.

And so I am here today, preparing for that time of that service, with that blank check with pride, in the service of my country.

It's been 14 years since that event happened.

Regardless of all the conspiracy theorists, and all these ideas, these theories, I will flat out say this. An act of terrorism, deliberately killing thousands in an act of sheer violence, is unspeakable.

Thousands of innocent lives were taken by a violent sect of religious fanaticism. In my personal opinion, they are not what I'd consider "Muslims" or practitioners of the Islamic faith. Their leaders have skewed their beliefs, lied, misinterpreted to force a socio-political agenda with a religious message. 

Do I hate Muslims? Do I hate followers of the Quran? Absolutely not. In fact, I have a huge respect for Muslims. If you'd like my opinion specifically before I continue on, I'd like you to read back on "Face Value" commentary. They're good people. They do their own thing, follow their own beliefs. They speak strongly, yes, on issues, but they're doing something in a civil matter, and conducting themselves properly. 

So many people have been touched, and changed by that day.

 I knew a lot of people who quit their jobs, or their personal dreams, to become something greater than themselves, or decided to put their family and personal lives, because they believed in something greater. And some, paid the ultimate price for it. 

I know of this discrimination, and it's sad to say, as I refer back to face value commentary. Those who hate because of how others look and judge, I will judge you in return. Do not judge someone for it. Look inward, and look at them for who they truly are.

The world is a different place 14 years later. What happens now, who knows. But I know, that was we progress and continue, we will become a stronger nation, and with time, work, and effort, we can continue to work and learn of each other. We will know the true enemies, not judge a culture. We will learn more of a world around us, and hopefully, aspire a little closer, to peace.