Afterglow.

Chapter 6: Afterglow

So this is love

So this is love

So this is what makes life divine

I’m all aglow

And now I know the key to all heaven is mine.

-The Cheetah Girls, “So This is Love”

Nina’s POV

I let go of his hand and opened the door, looking back at him. He winked at me and I went inside the house. My back was on the door and I slid down to the floor. I couldn’t stop smiling.

“Wow,” I whispered to myself. I went into the living room, where Larissa and Jessica were probably waiting for me.

“Well, looks like someone had a good time,” Jessica said.

“How about a wonderful time?”

“Ooh, tell us all about it!” Larry said, running to me and sitting me on the couch.

“Don’t leave out ANY details!” Jesse said excitedly.

“Okay, well, before we left the beach, we held hands and walked across the shore...”

“How romantic,” Jessie said sighing.

“We saw that though. Get to the part we didn’t see!” Larry whined.

“We sat and watch the sun go down and we almost kissed…”

“Almost?”

“TWICE! His phone rang and my phone vibrated!”

“Ugh, the phone messes up serious romantic moments!” Larry groaned.

“Then after we left, he drove me to the bonfire and I met the family…”

“How were they?”

“Does he have any cute brothers?” Jessie excitedly asked me.

“He has close friends, but only two of them are single I think. His family was great. His dad loved me and so did his friends,”

“Then what happened?” Larry asked, very into my story.

“We sat next to the fire, his dad telling the stories of the Quileute tribes. When they were done, he took me home.”

“That’s it? Boring! Get to the good stuff!” Jessie yelled at me.

“It’s coming up. He wanted to know about my family. We talked about it, I ended up crying…and then he comforts me and kisses me!”

“Oh. My. Gosh!” Larry and Jessie screamed.

“I know! So after that, he opens the door for me and I kiss him…”

“Damn, you guys can’t keep your hands off each other!” Larry said.

“Then I asked him if we were going out now, and he said he thought so....”

“Like a couple?” Jessie asks.

“Yeah. So we kissed again, said goodnight, and here I am,”

“Wow,” Jessie and Larry sighed together.

“Yeah I know,”

“He’s fallen for you, Bobina…”

“Jessie, there’s intense feelings. Really, really intense, but I don’t think it’s gotten to that point,”

“Think what you want, but you guys are in love!” she sang.

“Who’s in love?” Tony asked.

“Nina-Bobina…with Jacob Black,” Larry told him.

“A new boyfriend already? I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with this until at least 6 months after the move…”

“6 months?!” I said loudly.

In a way, my friends were right. I don’t know if Jake had fallen for me, but I knew I did for him. I was in love with him.

I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Jacob’s POV

There was no emotion to describe how I felt at that very moment. I really felt love between Nina and I. She was so unbelievably beautiful, but held large amounts of pain behind that beautiful face. Knowing that I wasn’t there to comfort her in her time of need, made me feel hurt for her inside. There wasn’t any doubt in my mind that I was head over heels for Nina.