A Day at the Beach.

Chapter 4: A Day at the Beach

California Girls

We’re unforgettable

Daisy dukes, bikinis on top

Sun-kissed skin, so hot

We’ll melt your popsicle

Oooh, Oh, Oooh, oh

Katy Perry, “California Girls”

Jacob’s POV                 

I’m gonna be a little late Nina…

Got some work to do?

Yeah, I’m sorry.

Are you still gonna come?

Definitely.

Then don’t sweat it Jake. As long as I can see you there?

I’ll be there.

Sounds good.

Oh and don’t forget about the bonfire afterwards. You might wanna bring some warm clothes, I hear it’s gonna be kinda chilly tonight.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll see you then ;)

I smiled. She always made little faces on her texts. I thought it was cute. I could just see her right now, smiling. It was hard from me to stay away from her. She was just too irresistible. The pack had an emergency meeting this afternoon, which was why I had to be late for Nina’s party. We all met up at my house.

“Alright Sam, what’s up?”

“Vampires…that’s what’s up,”

“They’re in the reservation?” Jared asked.

“Not sure. They keep coming back, but they haven’t hurt anyone…yet.”

“It’s not the Cullens?”

“No. They’re others. They haven’t been here for a few days but we can’t take any chances. I’ll have more information for you guys later,”

Filthy bloodsuckers in the reservation? This wasn’t gonna be good. I somehow sensed danger coming. I thought about Nina.

 Nina’s POV

We had an amazing spot at the beach and the sun was shining. I had on my black bikini and I grabbed my cherry red surfboard and headed out to sea.

“Whoo!” I yelled as I surfed along a huge wave.

“Yeah! Go Nicki!” I heard my friend Justin yell to me. I loved being on the water. The waves all around me and the challenge of trying to stay on the surfboard were always intense to me. I loved the feeling.

The sun was beginning to set and I still hadn’t heard more from Jacob. I couldn’t go through a whole day without seeing his beautiful face. Wow, I just figured out yesterday that I had a crush on Jake and I was already obsessing over seeing him. Sitting on my blanket, my friends were making noise around me, but I had drowned all the noise of their talking out. I just stared at the waves. It was so relaxing to look at, and yet, so…hypnotizing. I breathed in the salt-water air and closed my eyes for a second. I imagined myself on an island…with only Jacob. How we would be together on that island: laughing, cuddling…kissing. I wondered how his lips would feel on mine. Soft and gentle, and passionate. His muscled arms around my waist, as we’d hold each other endlessly…