Getting close.

Hey guys, so...

how did you like their first meeting. Please tell me, I really really wanna know!

Okay, enough with my begging, on with chapter 3!!

Chapter 3: Getting Close

I'll be the air that you breathe 

I'll give the strength that you need 

I'll be the light in your eyes 

When hope becomes hard to see 

I'll be your shining star 

To guide you wherever you are 

And I promise that I'll be by your side 

Always you and I 

-98 Degrees, “Always You and I”

Nina’s POV

The first three weeks of school went fast and pretty soon, it was the Friday of the third week. We had all got settled into our new home and new school. Larry, Jessie and I met many new friends, but my best friend was, by far, Jacob Black. He was so easy to talk to and I was learning to trust him. In my last class of the day, my friends and I decided to meet at First Beach on Saturday.

“Sounds like fun!” Justin yelled with excitement.

“I’ll be there!” Ashley added.

“Whoever wants to come, can come. You guys can invite friends.” Jessie said to them.

“Don’t you think you should invite your new boo, Nina-kins?” Larissa teased.

“He’s not my boo, Larry,” I blushed.

“Yet!”

“He’s just a friend,”

“A really HOT friend,”

“I repeat: just a friend.”

The bell rang and I got my things together.

“I’ll see you guys back at the house okay?”

“Walking home with Jake?”

“Yeah,” I blushed again.

“Go ‘head girl! We’ll see you in a little while.”

I ran outside to meet Jake. My eyes met with his and he smiled that bright smile of his.

“Hey Jake,”

“Hey. Ready?”

“Ready when you are,”

Jacob’s POV

It was always nice walking with Nina. She was the sweetest and it always made my day to see her smile as much as she did. I had to admit, I got nervous whenever I was around her, but she has gotten so comfortable around me and was easy to talk to. Embry was right, I was lucky when she became my soul mate.

“Jake?”

“Hmm?”

“My friends and I are meeting up to hang out at First Beach on Saturday, and I was wondering-

“I would love to come, Nina.”

She smiled.

“It’s really nice of you to walk me home, Jake. I mean, you live the other direction. That’s a lot of work for you.”

“Nah, it’s not a problem. I like walking you home. It gives me more time to spend with you.” I blushed.

“Aw, you’re blushing. That’s so cute. Do I make you blush, Jake?”