The Bonfire.

Chapter 5: The Bonfire

Well, I'm not sure what this is gonna be,
But with my eyes closed all I see
Is the skyline, through the window,
The moon above you and the streets below.
Hold my breath as you're moving in,
Taste your lips and feel your skin.
When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.
-Parachute, “Kiss Me Slowly”

Jacob’s POV

Nina ran back to me and we walked to the car.

“This is your car?” she asked me excitedly.

“Nah…Sam’s car. He let me borrow it so we wouldn’t have to walk to my house.”

“That was nice of him,”

“Yeah, he has his moments. Course, I would’ve liked to take you out on my bike,”

“You have a motorcycle?”

“Yeah, but Sam said it was too cold out tonight,”

“That’s kind of true, I guess. Promise me you’ll take me for a ride soon?”

“Sure, absolutely,”

I opened the door for Nina and she got in. I got in on my side and I sat there for a second. I really wanted to continue from my almost-kiss with her.

“Jake, you alright?”

“Yeah, but-uh where were we?” I smirked.

“I think I remember,” she said to me, smiling lightly. I leaned in and so did Nina. Our lips touched....

but again, another interruption.

Her cell phone vibrated. She groaned angrily and saw it was a text message. She replied, I started the car, and we drove away. I looked at her and she looked upset.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,”

“Nina, I can tell by your face. Tell me,”

“Well, I’m kind of nervous about meeting your family,”

“Why?”

“What if they don’t like me?”

I laughed. She was going to be at a bonfire, unknowingly, with a pack of werewolves and she was worried if they would accept her.

“They’ll like you, I promise,”

“What if they don’t?”

“What’s there not to like? Trust me, they will. Okay?”

“Okay,”

“You’ve got nothing to worry about.”

We arrived a few minutes later. I helped her out of the car and held out my arm for her to hold. She smiled and took my arm and we walked to meet the pack.

“Jake!” my dad yelled.

“Hey Dad,”

“We thought you’d never make it. And this must be the beautiful Nina,” my dad looked at her and held out his hand. She politely shook his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Black,”

“Please, just call me Billy. Jake, she’s beautiful. Why you’d keep her from the family, I don’t know.” My dad looked at me with one of his eyebrows up. I laughed nervously.

“Come on, you can meet the rest of the family,” she held onto my arm and we walked to the rest of the pack.

“Jake, finally!” Quil yelled, the pack running towards us.