Chapter 19 - Plans Change

We were all trying to see if there was any way we could slip in, but had no such luck. I was crouching next to Daryl, Rick was in front of us, and Oscar the girl were behind us. I really need to find out her name.

There is movement behind me, and I turn around to see the girl sneaking away. Rick notices it too.

"Hey! Hey! Damn it" he whispered. Rick started backing up, and we did too. We formed a little circle.

"Alright, we need to downsize" Rick quietly said. I pulled my backpack off and zipped it open. I dug through the contents and took out an AK-47 and a pistol. I strapped the AK-47 across my back, and held the pistol.

"Ain't no way we're gonna check in all them buildings" Daryl said, quietly.

"Especially with all the guards there" I murmured. 

Leaves rustling behind us caused us to whip around, weapons raised. The girl came out and mouthed, "This way". She goes the way she came.

"Alright, lets go" Rick whispered. We go after her.

~~

She led us into a back entrance of a building. We sneak inside, guns raised.

"This is where you were held?" Rick asked the girl.

"I was questioned"

"Any idea where else they could be?"

Daryl goes over to the window, and lifts up the curtain slightly to peer outside. Rick follows him and does the same.

"I thought ye said there was a curfew" Daryl spat. I go over to the window to see what he means, and there's people still walking the streets.

"The street is packed during the day. Those are stragglers" she growled.

"If anyone comes in here, we're sittin' ducks. We gotta move" Rick ordered.

"They could be in his apartment" the girl suggested.

"Yeah? What if they ain't?" Daryl growled.

"Then we'll look somewhere else"

Daryl and Rick leave the window and go up to the girl.

"You said you could help us" Rick said.

"I'm doing what I can"

"Then where in the hell are they?" Oscar asked.

Rick whispered, "Hey", and motioned for me, Daryl, and Oscar to follow him. I leave the window and go to them.

"If this goes south, we're cuttin' her loose" Rick said quietly, so she wouldn't hear.

"You think she's leading us into a trap?" Oscar whispered.

"Right now its the blind leading the blind" Daryl muttered, "Let's split up"

"I don't think that's a good idea" I quietly said.

Suddenly, there's a  loud knock on the door. The door unlocks, and Rick pushes me and Daryl behind a curtain separating the room into two. My back is pressed up against Daryl's chest, and my chest is pressed up against Rick's back. The door closes, and I tighten my grip on the pistol. I feel Daryl's breath on my neck, causing goose bumps to raise.

"I know you're in here. I saw you moving from outside" a man's voice said.

His footsteps come closer. My heartbeat quickens.

"Alright, now. You're not supposed to be in here and you know it"

He walks up right next to us, but is oblivious, "Who's in here?"