Epilogue - Those Three Words

Authors' Note: This is it guys! The last official chapter :(  We hoped you guys liked reading this book as much as we liked writing it. But there will be another book that will probably be posted after Christmas, we will give more details when it gets closer. We would love to hear your guys' opinions in this book, and possible ideas for the next one. So, as always, comment, follow us, vote, and ENJOY!!!

~~~~

"God bless the broken road that led me straight to you"

-"Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts

~~

That evening, I had helped the new residents get settled. I helped cook them lunch and dinner, assign cell blocks, and mingle, and I was exhausted. It was my night for watch, so I was currently sitting up in the guard tower. My was sitting with my front against the railing, my legs dangling off the edge. I was admiring the sunset when the door swung open. I spun around, hand on my gun, only to find Daryl climb up. I relax and take my hand away from the weapon. He closes the door and sets his crossbow down against the wall, then walks over to me and sits down with his legs also dangling like mine. We sat in silence for a while, both enjoying the other's company.

"How is Makena adjusting?" I ask him.

"She seems a'ight. Talkin' to other kids 'nd stuff"

"Good, good" I mumble.

We sit in silence once again. Daryl reaches down into his pants pocket and pulls something out. I watch him out of the corner of my eye as he fiddles with it, looking hesitant. He takes a deep breath and turns his body to face me, causing me to do the same. He opens his hand and grabs the object between his thumb and index finger, holding it up.

I gasp quietly as I examine the object, a necklace. It's silver and has a pendant that is in the shape of a long triangle, with a weave design to it.

"Daryl.." I whisper, "wow...it's beautiful"

"Jus' like ye. That's why this one stood out"

I blush madly and grin, "Can you put it on?"

He nods and I turn around, pulling my hair up out of the way. He brings his hands around and lets the pendant fall at the center of my chest. He latches it behind my neck and I let my hair back down. I gently hold the necklace, admiring it. I smile and turn back around the face Daryl.

"Thank you. I love it"

He smiles lightly and nods. He brings his palm up to caress my cheek, and I lean into his touch. I rest my hand on his wrist as he leans in and places his lips on mine. The kiss is sweet and passionate, and I enjoy every second. When he pulls away, he rests his forehead on mine.

"And I love ye" he says. My eyes widen slightly and my breath catches in my throat.

"Y-you do? Really?"

He smiles, "Yeah, I do"

I grin, "I've loved you longer"

"I doubt tha'"

He crashes his lips on mine, kissing me forcefully and hungrily. I gladly return the favor with just as much emotion. When we pull apart, I rest my head on his shoulder, and his arm snakes around my waist. We watch the sunset, a real picture-worthy moment.

"I love you, Daryl Dixon" I whisper.

"I love ye, Allison Montgomery" he responds.

I smile, and press a kiss to his shoulder then returning my gaze to the Georgia sun. This moment, it felt like everything was going to be fine. That we were safe. But the thing is...

No one is safe anymore.