Chapter 32 - Taking Them In

We've been driving down the pavement for not even three miles when Daryl slows down. I peek my head over his shoulder to see Woodbury trucks, along with numerous scattered bodies. As the bike came to a slow stop, I readied my weapons seeing that there were a few walkers eating the remains. I got off when Daryl put the kickstand down and slowly approached the reanimated creatures, getting ready to put them down. To my right, Michonne pulls out her sword and slices two walker heads off in one swing. To my left, Daryl pierces one right between the eyes, killing it instantly. I approach one straight ahead and unsheathe my knife, grabbing its shoulder to keep it steady I quickly stabbed on top of its head. I pull my knife out and the walker slumps to the ground, I wipe the blood off on its shirt like I had seen Daryl do so many times before.

Rick walks along the side of the truck, advancing toward the last walker. He takes it out easily and swiftly. I stand with my back to the truck, looking at my group members with raised eyebrows. A loud smack sounds from behind me, causing me to jump forward and gasp in surprise. I turn, expecting to see a walker, but am mistaken when I see a woman staring at us frightened. Rick cocks his gun and points it at her as Daryl opens the door, pushing her out.

"Give me your weapons, now" Rick growled at her, his gun still aimed.

She hands over the rifle strapped across her back and a knife in a sheath similar to mine. Michonne takes them from her, keeping her glare ice cold.

"Please, don't kill me" the woman pleaded, "The Governor killed them all...slaughtered them. I didn't want anything to do with this, I swear"

"Why didn't he kill you?" I asked her.

She looked at me, "I hid under Max's body, he ran out of bullets"

"Did you see where he went?" Michonne asks.

"My guess would be Woodbury" she answered.

"Then let's go" Rick declared.

~~~~

It's night fall when we reach Woodbury. We sneak up to the gates, Rick and Michonne leading followed by Daryl. I take the back with Karen, the woman we rescued. Gunshots coming from the wall, causing all of us to duck behind a car. Rick, Daryl, and Michonne shoot back at them, I keep Karen down. When the gunfire stops, Karen slips out of my grip and stand up,

"Tyreese! It's me! Don't--"

She gets pulled down by Rick who whisper-yells, "Get down!"

"Karen!" Tyreese's yells from the top of the wall, "Karen, are you okay?!"

She rips out of Rick's grasp, standing up again, "I'm fine!"

"Where's the Governor?" Tyreese yells.

"He fired on everyone. Killed them all"

"Why are you with them?"

"They...saved me" she answered, glancing at us.

Rick glances at us, "We're comin' out" he hesitantly yells.

We shake our heads in protest, looking at him with disbelief. He only glances at us and repeats, "We're comin' out"

He stands up, hands raised in surrender. Michonne, Daryl and I hesitantly stand up, hands raised. We walk toward the gate as Tyreese opens it, also revealing Sasha. We put our hands down and meet each other half way.

"What are you doin' here?" Tyreese asks.

"We were comin' to finish this, until we saw what the Governor did" Rick explained.

"He--he killed them?" Tyreese asked in shock.

Rick looks down, "Yeah. Karen told us Andrea hopped the wall going to the prison. She never made it. She might be here"