O N E

It was the morning before school and I was at our downtown cafe in town that I go to every morning before school. I was drinking coffee and I wanted to write a list the reason why I hate the person I hate the most, Ethan Fisher. As I was getting ready to write "1", I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who?" I heard a low voice whispered in my ear.

"It couldn't be Hunter, right?" I laughed as he put his hands down and sat right across from me.

"How'd you guess?" He smirked at me.

"I just knew," I laughed at him. Hunter Owens. Yes, he use to be Ethan's best friend until middle school and they drifted apart and me and Hunter became best friends. Most people thought that we were dating or that we should be a couple but Hunter and I made a deal that we will always be best friends no matter what.

"So, what are you doing this morning?" He asked as he took my coffee and took a sip out of it.

"Hey! Give me my coffee! And it's none of your business," I smirked at him.He grabs my notebook and laughs.

"Ah, it says "Reasons Why I Hate Ethan Fisher" " He continues to laugh.

"Give it back to me," I laughed and took the notebook out of his hand and I put it in my backpack. I left a tip for the waitress and we walked out of the cafe.

"Where is your brother? Isn't he taking you to school?" Hunter asked me.

"I am riding my bike this morning."

"And why is that?"

"I just wanted to ride my bike this morning, why does it matter?"

"Your not riding with him because he is giving Ethan a ride, now I get it," He chuckled as I rolled my eyes. Then I see my brother's car pull up in front of the cafe as I was unlocking my bike. 

"Hey, Tiff!" I hear my brother call for me as I try to ignore him and continue to unlock my bike. I finally unlock my bike and I put the lock in my backpack. 

"Tiff!" He huffed when he approached to me."Do you need a ride? You left right before I even woke up?"

"Look, Tyler, You told me last night you were giving Ethan a ride and you know I hate him,"  I sighed and started pushing my bike as Hunter followed. 

"Tiffany, you and Ethan have to get along sometime, he is my best friend and I don't get why you guys hate each other. I have never seen anyone hate on someone else that much."

"Ty, just go, I have my bike," I said as I slowly rode off as Hunter caught up to me. Then a little later I saw Ty's car drive past us.

"Does Tyler do that a lot? And when are you going to get your permit?" Hunter asked. Yes, I am a junior in high school and I can't drive

"Yeah, he gives me the same old speech everyday and he even gives it to Ethan. And I don't know, I know I will get it sometime," I sighed. "Hey, last one to school is a rotten egg!"

"Hey! No fair! I have to walk!" Hunter complains as I laugh.

"Oh it's just around the corner, Owens."

As I pulled up to the bike rack, I see Ethan talking with Tyler and couple of his other friends. Hunter came over to me as I glared over at Ethan.

"Hey!" Hunter perked up.

"Hey.."

"So tonight, my friend Marcus is having a party tonight with almost everyone in our school. Want to come?" Hunter asked me as I locked my bike and walked into the the school hallway.