5

[Newt's P.O.V]

I stand in the middle of a small room, engulfed with darkness from each direction.

"This was just a warning."

"Who was that? What is going on? Where am I?", All these questions are running in my head, I don't remember anything, how did I get here? The last thing I remember is being with Minho and then everything went blank.

"Next time, we won't spare you, Subject A5."

"Subject A5..?" What does that mean?

"Everything's going to change, Newt." 

"Who is this!? What do you want from me!?", I yell out loud.

"Remember, Newt."

I don't even have to listen to know what these haunted words are.

"Wicked is good."

~~~

I open my eyes slowly, taking in my surroundings, I recognize the room as one that the med jacks use to watch over injured gladers.

I try to get up but as soon as I move, my head starts spinning and I wince closing my eyes trying to brace myself.

At the sound of my wince, I feel a figure moving its head by my knees, I open my eyes and glance to my left to see Minho, with his head resting on the side of the bed, eyes fully closed. 

I take a deep breath and take another try in getting up, this time I struggle but succeed at the end.

Minho must have felt my movement because the next thing I know, he gets up and embraces me in a hug, sighing in relief, "You scared the hell out of me, you shank.."

I hug him back, resting my head on his shoulder and smiling, "you didn't think I'd leave you that easily, did you?"

He chuckles and we stay that way for a while, in each others arms, both of us seemingly comforted by the touch of the other.

I try to say something but end up coughing a little bit too hard, he pulls away slowly and starts rubbing my back, trying to ease the pain. 

Then, I finally manage to ask him the one question that's been on my mind, "What happened to me...?"

He looks at me with a sad expression, "We were talking and you suddenly collapsed, Alby ordered Jeff and Clint to move you up here and keep an eye on you around the clock."

"How long have I been out?"

For some reason, Minho clenches his jaw and turns his gaze away from me which makes me wonder if he's hiding something, "Minho, how long?", I ask him once again, with a stern voice.

He looks at me, still refusing to make away contact, "7 days."

"What!? Minho, this isn't bloody funny!"

He gives me a look for of sympathy, "It's true, we all thought you'd never make it, Alby even got the baggers on stand-by."

Someone joins in, "Appearantly I was wrong.", We both turn to the owner of the voice, Alby, leaning against the door frame, arms crossed in front of his chest, grinning widely from ear to ear.

He walks over to us, "Glad to see you up and awake, Newt." 

Suddenly, Thomas comes running into the room, panting, "Alby, It's Gally, he's causing trouble again."

Alby sighs, "That shuck-face, can't stay still for one day." He looks at me apologetically but I just smile at him, "It's alright, Alby, I'm not going anywhere, go and do your job."

He chuckles and leaves the room, motioning for Thomas to follow him.

The greenie stops for a moment and nods at me, "It's nice seeing you again, Newt.", and with that he takes off.

I let out a breath and turn my gaze back to Minho, who in turn, is staring at me with a smile on his face, I laugh a little, "What?"

He laughs and holds my hand tightly, "Nothing, I'm just relieved that you're alright", He reaches out and moves a piece of fallen hair away from my forehead.

I lean my head back against the pillow and feel my eyes drooping which surprises me a little considering how long I've been out but I try to fight off the feeling of sleepiness, afraid of the nightmares, afraid that I wouldn't wake up ever again.

Apparently, Minho notices because the next thing I know, he lays down next time and pulls me close to him, whispering in my ear, "It's alright, I'll be there if you have any nightmares, I'll never let anyone hurt you." 

I lean my head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and I whisper back, "Thank you.."

With that, I go to sleep, feeling safe for the first time in weeks, knowing that nothing bad is going to happen as long as I'm with Minho, he's truly my nightingale.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for bearing with me this far and I promise it won't stay boring for too long, don't forget to vote and leave a comment! Until later, gladers. (See what I did there? *wink wink*)