13

[3rd Person P.O.V]

That night couldn't have gone by any slower. Minho leans against the wall behind him and sighs, he had stayed up all night listening to Newt's scream, his voice, piercing through the night, full of fear and pleas for help.

Minho leans against the wall and tries to listen for his friend who eventually had quieted down at the crack of dawn.

"Newt..Can you hear me..?"

At first, silence fills the air and Minho sighs in defeat and puts his head in his hands, it kills him to not be able to be there for his friend, no..his lover, it kills him not to be able to hold him tight and comfort him.

Then, he heard something fall and hit the ground, he lifts his head and leans once more against the wall.

He tries to focus for a while and ends up hearing a small mumble from the other side, he strains his ear and tries to listen closer until he ends up hearing a small voice, Newt's voice. Relief washes over his face once he hears his friend's voice but dread washes over him as he begins to hear the actual words coming out of the blonde's mouth.

~~~

[Newt's P.O.V]

I throw my machete knife at the wall and watch it drop on the ground.

I'm losing my mind.

Last night, I didn't sleep at all, thinking I could go through the night without nightmares, but WICKED had other plans for me, I started hallucinating the second it became dark in the glade.

I kept seeing a boy, standing in front of me, he was tall and slim. He had dark brown hair and green eyes.

He said his name was Ethan. Something clicked in my mind once I heard his name, as if, I knew him before all of this.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the wall, deciding to finally answer Minho, "Hey Min.."

he replies almost immediately, "Hey buddy, are you alright?"

I bite my bottom lip, I completely forgot that his cell was the one next to mine, he must've heard me yelling at the guy I saw, "Yeah."

He probably knows that I lied but he lets it go anyways and changes the subject, "Think Alby will let us out soon?"

I sigh, "I wish I bloody knew."

I hear Minho chuckle and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and lean closer to the wall, "What's so funny?"

"Your accent."

"What about it?"

"It's cute."

I feel my face heating up a small smile creeps up on my face, "How do you do it?"

He shuffles around a little bit and I think that he's trying to hear better through the thick wall seperating us, "What do you mean?"

"How can you be so light and calm about this?"

"It's because of you."

Tears prick my eyes and I try to stifle a sob, "Minho.."

He sighs, "It's true, just thinking of you keeps me sane and calm, you're the reason I keep fighting to get out of here, I want to see you happy, Newt, it's all that matters to me."

I feel the tears falling and close my eyes, whispering softly, "I love you.."

"I love you too, Newt, I've always loved you."

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am really, very, extremely sorry this is a tiny chapter, I've been extremely busy with school and I'm sort of stuck with writer's block because I have so many ideas for the next chapters but I'm struggling with writing them so please forgive me.

ANYWAYS, thank you for reading this really short, bad, chapter, I hope you'll like this story so far and I appreciate the support.

Feel free to leave a comment on who you think Ethan is and maybe I'll drop a hint or two later on ;)

Once again, thank you all for reading, don't forget to vote and leave a comment telling me what you think of it so far, until later!