12

[3rd Person P.O.V]

Eleven people were sitting in a circle, the nine keepers, Newt, second-in-command and their leader, Alby.

The gathering was mainly about the girl and her sudden arrival but Alby did mention that they were going to have a discussion about something else.

Thomas was forced to stand against the wall and watch as the gladers in the room exchanged words, well, not everyone, the boy kept sending worried glances towards the only silent person in the room, other than him since he was told by Alby that he couldn't say a word until told to, Newt.

The older boy stayed awfully quiet throughout the whole conversation even though his name got mentioned many times, sitting in his chair with his arms crossed against his chest and his eyes flickering back and forth, listening to the other gladers.

Apparently, Alby had the same thoughts as the greenie because the next minute, he looks at his friend and clears his throat, "You haven't really said anything, Newt, what do you think?"

The blonde looks at their leader and sighs, "I think it's a message from the creators."

That makes everyone quiet down and focus their attention on him, Gally, who seems to have gotten more aggressive than usual throughout the whole gathering, scoffs, "Care to explain slinthead?"

Minho turns his head and glares at the keeper of the builders while Newt simply explains, "I think this is there way of saying that it's over, that it's time we finally find a way out of here, even if it means spending the night in the maze with the grievers...", his voice trails off and he looks at Minho who nods for him to continue.

"That day, when Minho and I got trapped in the maze, we were at the new path that Minho had found the day before, at the end of that "path" was some sort of locked door that lead to a new part of the maze, the part that could actually be our only escape."

"How?", the keeper of the slicers, Winston, asks, "How do you know it's a new part? You said the door that you found was locked.", that makes Alby look at his second-in-command suspiciously, "That's right, Newt, how do you know that?"

Newt surprisingly stays calm and takes a deep breath, "I unlocked it"

Alby sighs, slowly losing his temper, "Then?"

"Then we got attacked by grievers and spent the nig-", Newt gets cut off as Gally gets up and slams him against the wall, holding the collar of his shirt tightly, "Cut the klunk and just tell the truth already! You work for them don't you? That's how you know everything, that's how that girl recognizes you!"

Minho and Winston rush over and pull the builder away, restraining him to his chair while Clint rushes over to Newt and helps him up to his feet.

Alby tries to speak up and scold Gally for throwing off accusations but Newt clears his throat and looks straight in the eyes of their leader, "He's right, I did work for them before all of this but I have no hand in what's going on right now, I don't remember the girl and I don't know who she is."

Thomas and the rest of the keepers, excluding Minho, stare in shock at the blunt statement made by their fellow glader.

"A couple of days in the slammer."

Everyone turns their heads to the owner of the voice, Alby, he clears his throat and looks at both Newt and Minho, "I know you both remember some stuff and I know you're not willing to share any of it now so I'm not going to force you but I can't let this go without any punishment, you're both going to spend the night in the slammer and we'll talk more about this tomorrow, maybe we'll be able to get more out of the girl once she wakes up."

Gally storms off angrily, mumbling under his breath while the rest of the keepers leave the room, leaving Thomas still in shock at the scene that unfolded infront of him, Newt and Minho standing next to each other with an unreadable expression and Alby, arms crossed infront of his chest, looking at the two gladers infront of him.

Then, Alby turns his gaze towards the greenie and sighs, "I was originally going to ask you about the girl but seeing how things took turn over here", he shoots Newt a look, "I'll just have to leave that for later."

He takes that as his cue and leaves the room quickly.

"And you two", Alby looks at the people who he used to call his "friends" with sad eyes, feeling betrayed and distrusted, "How could you both do this? How could you hide such a thing from me?", he looks straight at Newt, "Especially you, Newt, I trusted you with the glade, I put all of my faith in you."

Newt looks down at the ground, it pains him to see his leader in that state, but he knows it's for the best, he knows that if he tells him every detail he knew about WICKED they would have no mercy on him or his friends and he couldn't risk that.

Minho sighs, "Alby, if we tell you everything, the creators wi-" "Slim it."

Newt flinches at his harsh tone but stays quiet.

"You both better pray that you're right about that exit because if not...I'll have to banish you both."

They both stare at their leader in horror and Newt opens his mouth slightly, "Alby.."

"As much as it hurts me, you both broke the rules, we are supposed to trust each other, tell each other everything, you two broke that and I can't risk having the other gladers thinking that it is okay to break that rule."

A few moments later, Winston comes in, this time, holding a set of keys and a look of sympathy fills his face.

He nods at Alby and leads the two gladers to two different slammers.

During that time, none of them say a word knowing there isn't much to say, Newt finds the silence somehow comforting, knowing that any word he says could be taken the wrong and used against him which would make this, already bad, situation even worse.

Once the keeper of the slicers locks both doors, Minho leans against the wall and watches as the invisible sun goes down and darkness fills the glade, they must've spent all day in that council room.

Hours later, everything is quiet, all of the gladers go to sleep, all except for Minho, who stays up and listens to the sound of sobbing and mumbling, he knew Newt was having one of his nightmares again and it ached him not to be able to go to him and comfort him, he knew WICKED was showing him stuff from the past again, he knew that they were altering his memories into horrific images that left his friend traumatized and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

~~~

Double Update! I'm really sorry that all of the chapters have been sort of fillers but I promise I will start time skipping soon and getting into the action!

Once again, thank you all for reading this! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment, I'm open for new ideas, corrections or simply comments on what you think so far about this story and the changes that I made! Until next time! :D