8

[Minho's P.O.V]

I feel Newt's hand tremble in mine when we hear the doors close, I don't want to admit it but no one's ever survived a night in the maze and I don't think the creators would be nice enough to let us be first.

I pull him closer and try to rub his arm in a comforting matter, I take a deep breath but I don't say anything, what is there to say? I'm sorry, we're gonna die tonight? I'm sorry, we're gonna end as the griever's dinner?

"M-Minho...", I hear Newt say, pointing his finger at the griev- no, grievers. There were two this time, both heading our way.

"I guess we're gonna have to fight our way out of this, just stay close, okay?", I try to give him an encouraging smile but his only focus is those shuckin' bastards.

And it starts, we both charge at full speed, each taking one griever. I fought off mine with my sword, stabbing it repeatedly in its head and back while Newt used his daggers to cut off the legs of his.

We keep up for about 5 minutes or so until I hear something hit the ground and look to my right to see Newt knocked down on the ground by the griever, I immediately get the instinct to rush over and help him but I hear him yell out my name, "Don't you bloody dare, Minho! Don't you bloody dare!"

I don't listen and once I'm close enough to help him, my griever decides to attack again, I groan and continue on dodging and stabbing it until I catch a glimpse of a silver needle pointed straight at Newt.

I push away the griever as far as possible and run over to Newt pushing him out of the way, I let out a strangled cry once I feel the needle piercing through my skin, then, everything goes black.

~~~

[Newt's P.O.V]

I stare in shock and horror as the griever digs its needle into Minho's abdomen, I watch as the griever pulls back and they both turn in the opposite direction and leave, as if he was their only target.

I get up and rush over to him, crouching next to him, I lift him up slowly and lay his head on my lap, my voice trembles as I talk, "M-Minho, w-why...?", I don't realize that I'm crying until I see a tear drop fall on Minho's face.

He smiles weakly even though I can see the look of pain in his eyes, the same one I saw in Nick's two months ago, he reaches out and wipes off my tears, "I-It w-was w-wort-th i-it...", he starts coughing up, his complexion paler by the second. He holds my hand tightly and I try to lift him more, cradle his head to my chest, burying my face in his hair, sobbing, there's no use in bringing him back to the doors of the maze, they're not opening for another hour and he won't get the serum soon enough.

He starts breathing heavily and squeezes my hand tighter, he tries to talk but nothing comes out other than a whimper, I gently rub my thumb over his hand, "Shhh...it's okay, it's okay..", I repeat the same phrase over and over, somehow trying to convince myself as well that it is okay.

We stay like that for a while, him laying in my arms, holding my hand, probably taking his last breaths, "Hey Newt...", his voice comes out hoarse and raspy, I look down at him, taking in every detail of his face, not wanting to ever forget it, "Y-Yeah..?"

He takes a deep breath, coughing a bit more before answering, "I wanted you to know, I-I..I really l-like y-you, I a-always did..."

More tears spring into my eyes, "I-I like y-you too, Minho...", I kiss his forehead, he chuckles then winces in pain, "I-I'm glad..t-that would've been sh-huckin' awkward..", I smile at him, even though, he's on the verge of dying, he's still cracking up jokes. 

He groans in pain and starts coughing up blood violently and then, silence.

"Min..? Minho!?", I try to shake him awake but fail. I check for a pulse and find a weak one. I sigh in relief and put his body back on the ground.

I put my hand on the wall behind me and push myself up then I pick up his arms and drag him almost halfway through the maze when I hear a voice, "Newt? Minho? Are you guys there?", at first, I think my mind is just playing tricks on me but I listen again and realize it's for real, we actually did it, we survived a night out in the maze.

I listen closer, trying to recognize the voice, the person sighs, "Keep looking, Winston, We've gotta at least find something."

It's Alby.

I sigh, relief washing over me, "We're over here, Alby", I see two figures turning the corner and turns out I was right, Alby and Winston.

Winston rushes over to Minho, taking over carrying him while Alby runs to me, "Did he get stung?"

I nod, too tired to speak anymore, fighting off grievers then dragging your unconscious friend halfway through the maze isn't easy you know.

"Did you get hurt? Newt? Can you hear me?", I snap out of my thoughts and shake my head.

"Alright then, let's go back, then.", He helps Winston and they both carry Minho back to the glade with me limping right behind them.

~~~

I sit down on the floor right outside Minho's room, listening to his screams of pain after being given the grief serum.

I tried to close my eyes a couple of times, hoping to block out everything around me but my mind kept wandering back to the runner lying down in the room in front of me.

I tried to convince Alby to let me in the room with him but he always refused and in turn, I refused to get checked up by the medjacks and here I am.

I hear someone come up the stairs and turn my head to see Thomas walking towards me. He smiles and sits down next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder, "I'm glad you're alive."

I chuckle a bit, "Me too, Tommy, me too."

"Do you need anything?"

I shake my head and hug my knees, placing my shin on them, "I just wish I could stop his pain..."

He sighs and squeezes my shoulder, "He'll be just fine, he got the grief serum, right?"

I choke back a sob, smiling at him, "You don't understand, do you..? I need him to make it through, he's the only reason I'm still alive, Tommy."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, I'm really sorry that this chapter isn't exactly the best chapter, it's 1:28 AM, I wrote this in exactly 20 minutes and now I'm posting it because there is a 90% chance  I won't be able to upload anything tomorrow so this is me making it up, once again, I'm really really sorry but on the other hand, I noticed that I gained 10 new viewers today, well, yesterday, which may not seem like a big number at all, but for me, being new to this and all, it actually made really happy so thank you all so much for keeping up with us, don't forget to vote and leave a comment, I'm open for corrections and suggestions at any time. Until next time, gladers. :D