6

[Newt's P.O.V]

It's been two days since I woke up and Alby finally agreed to let me out of the medjacks' watch. Ben had been banished right after attacking me, I was upset to hear that, he was a good guy but I guess rules are rules.

The council chose to make Thomas a runner meaning Alby doesn't have to go with Minho anymore. I was sort of glad for that because I didn't trust myself to be in charge of the glade anymore,I want to be a runner again, no, I need to be a runner again.

If that voice is right, if I really am their only hope then I need to find the answer to this whole thing, the way out and that lies deep in the maze. 

I find Alby standing at the top of the tower, leaning against the wooden railing. (By the tower, I mean the wooden one, in the movie, where Alby takes Thomas right before Chuck shows up.) I slowly climb the ladders leading to the very top and once I get there, Alby helps me up and we sent down together, watching over the glade, silence filling the air until I decide to break it, "Alby, there's something I want to talk to you about."

He turns his gaze to me, "What is it?"

I take a deep breath, mentally preparing myself, knowing his reaction won't be well, "I want to be a runner again."

He answers in a split second, without thinking about it, "No."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, I expected this to be tough, after all, I'm not exactly the most qualified person to be a runner anymore. "Alby, I need you to bloody listen me, I need to go into the maze again."

"I already said no, you know very well that I'm not letting you take any step in the maze again, I don't know why you even bothered asking."

I decide that the only way to convince is by telling him the reason I need him to make me a runner again, "I think I know a way out of here."

That catches his attention and he stares at me, confusion filling his face, "You really think you can get us all out of here?"

"Yes.", my voice is steady and full of determination.

He gets up and makes his way to the ladder and I take that as once again, a no but he turns to me at the last minute, "I'll think about it."

I nod, "Thank you, Alby."

~~~

That night, after dinner, Minho takes my hand and drags me to the middle of the deadheads, saying that he needs to talk to me in private.

Once we get far enough so that no one can hear us, he lets go of my hand and crossed his arms infront of his chest, looking me straight in the eye, "You asked Alby to make you runner again?"

I sigh, I knew Minho wouldn't be too fond of the idea either and I turn my gaze away, refusing to meet his eyes, "Minho, it's time I got out there again, I might know the way out of here, please.."

"I get what you mean...", He lets out a deep breath, "Alright then."

I look at him in shock, "Wait you mean.."

"Starting tomorrow, you're officially a runner again, I'll be keeping an eye on the whole time though."

I hug him tightly, "Thank you, Min, I knew you would understand" 

He hugs him back, his strong arms wrap around me, making me feel safe and secure, a feeling that I don't experience too often.

"Promise me you'll be careful, Newt, please."

"I promise."

____________________________________________________________________________________

I told you all I'd be doing triple updates ;) Thank you for reading this and don't forget to vote and leave a comment, until next time gladers! :D