I

(edit dec. 27/2020): i wrote this (most of, if not all my stories on wattpad) when i was in seventh grade. so i was about 11/12 years old. i've changed so much since then but since i appreciate each and every reader i'll keep this book out. yes, there's possible spelling mistakes and some of the plots a bit messy but you have to remember i was practically a kid writing this. thank you so much for reading and reading my book(s). i love you all.

October 8, 2015

Alexis' Point of View (POV)

Barely catching my textbooks, I rushed to my first period class, Chemistry. Almost late again, it's beginning to become a habit of mine, unfortunately. I was talking to Beck, my boyfriend of about eight months. I smiled to the thought of it. He has Biology right now, and we got caught up in a conversation before class. The door was not yet shut, so I walked right through it quickly. Of course, people are looking at me.

"Miss Dixon, you're late, once again." My chemistry teacher said out loud, clearing his throat. He was the typical type of middle aged teacher who called out on late students, and it kind of annoyed me. I guess I understood where he was coming from, though.
I made my way to my desk toward the centre of the room and flatly said, "sorry." I made immediate eye contact with my best friend, and she smiled.

Seated in my desk, I didn't have much time to see who was all in class. Out the glass window, the sky was a dark, cloudy view. It looked as if it was about to rain. Mr. Hoffman's booming, yet monotone voice was already boring me as I sat there. This wasn't my favourite subject, I preferred Biology, like Beck.

My parents named me Alexis Dixon, and we've been living here in Atlanta for practically my entire life. The same neighbourhood, people and city. The high school I attend is called Northview High, I've been here since ninth grade. Somehow, I managed to take senior classes whilst only being a junior. The house my mom and I live in, it's just a few blocks from here. We've been staying there for almost my whole life, but I don't mind it, even just here in Atlanta.

Before high school, the kids in my grade and I have been in the same classes almost since we were in the first grade. Despite some moving and new ones arriving, everyone's pretty familiar with one another. Just a year and some months I'll be graduated, if not earlier. Everything seemed to be, good.

"Alright everyone, today we will be assigning partners for our upcoming project papers," he announced, everyone already exchanging glances and whispers. Monica and I made eye contact, subconsciously praying that somehow, he'll coincidentally call out both of our names. As our teacher liked it, respect and quietness. If one interrupted him, he'd either joke about it, or snap at them for such disturbance. There's no in-between.

"Jenny and Camila," he said, going through his list of paper. I didn't really like how teachers assigned partners because honestly, you never know. Everyone in the room talked amongst each other quietly, a few other peoples names being called. Also, we have assigned desks for now, and only exceptions for study periods involving assigned partners. Definitely not your laid back teacher.

"Alexis and-" the teacher called out, but soon getting interrupted by the sound of an opening door.
The room then went quiet, and an unfamiliar boy walks into the classroom. He was late, just like I was. I've seen many people around the school, but I don't think I've ever seen him. I assumed he is probably new.

Within the first ten seconds he'd walked in, I'd already quickly scan his features. He had brunette hair, at a medium length for a guy and pale skin. His eyes were a blue colour, and in my train of thought we unexpectedly made eye contact. It lasted about two seconds, but it had me almost curious. He appeared tired, although it's 8:46 am and I don't blame him.