VIII

Hey, lovelies! Sorry I didn't update sooner.. school has dragged along and activities.

Be sure to read my other stories, I'll be sure to do the same for you!

THIS MAY BE TOO MATURE FOR YOUNGER VIEWERS.

**no dirty scenes tho**

Playlist: The Hills - The Weeknd

October 20, 2015

Alexis's POV

After school, I'm studying. I have my first algebra quiz at the end of the week. That means, extra work and less socialization.

My mom got off work early and she's making sure I'm studying. Writing in my notebook, I look to my right.

I see Chandler's plain room. I see a figure walking around. I think it's him. He looks stressed.

I slap down my book and pen. Then, I quietly open my window. It's wide open, the cool air blowing through my hair. I carefully close the window, grasping the ladder and climb down.

Once I reach the surface, I go to his front door, ready to knock. A noise immediately stops me. Yelling and screaming.

"No! That's not how it works!" a man's voice screams, definitely not Chandler's.

"I don't want to do this!" Chandler yells, muffled from the thick door.

I hear a few more yells. But something stops me. A noise, more like a smack sound effect. Then complete silence.

Has Chandler been hit?

I run back to the ladder and up to my room. Right before my mom walks in my door.

"You okay?" she asks.

"Uh, yeah!" I lie, obviously worried about Chandler.

"Okay, supper will be ready in half an hour," she whispers, leaving and shutting my door.

I look over at my digital alarm clock.

7:29 pm

That was close.

Chandler's POV

I storm up to my room and slam the door. My face feeling tingly, my dad hit me. This is only if he's really frustrated with me. Not doing what I'm told.

I put up a fight with him this time. What does my mother do? Just watch or pretend as if nothings happening. She only sticks up for Gray. That's her own son. Not me.

I battle with my conscience. My mind. My own body and teenage hormones. My father always tells me I'll be just like them. But there's always something I've wanted.

To break this horrifying chain.

My hormones double up when my dark side appears than an average teenagers.

My eyes sting as I stare at my body image in the mirror. A tear slowly rolls down my tingly cheek, not feeling anything, really.

~~~

Alexis's POV

As I'm laying in bed, Chandler is the only thing left in my mind. I shouldn't text him because I could get him into even more trouble.

Is he being abused?

Do his parents hate him?

Is he okay?

It's usually hot up in my room so I leave the window open. I close my eyes, trying to relax. Telling myself it's going to be okay. That Chandler's okay.

The second I'm about to doze off, I hear sniffling. I perk my head up and look out the window. Chandler is sitting on his bed in his room. His window is open.

"Chandler," I whisper.

He doesn't hear me.

"Are you okay?" I ask, his body facing away from me.

His house mirrors mine, so he has a ladder, too. I never used mine since Chandler climbed down it.

I climb out the window like I did today. Only in my blue, plaid pajama pants and pikachu tee shirt, I reach the soft grass. Just in socks.

Trying to avoid splinters, I climb up the wooden ladder up to Chandler's room. I perk my head up and peek at him. I still can't see him.

I climb over onto his floor, almost falling. He turns his head a little bit.

I look around his room. There's not much, just a bed, closet and a simple desk. Everything else is clean. Then he has a vintage, dusty mirror.

"Alexis, you shouldn't really be here," Chandler mutters.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly.

"Go," he sternly says.

"No, I'm staying here," I whisper, "with you."

He doesn't say anything for a moment.

"I tried coming here earlier and," I trail off.

Chandler turns around, revealing his broken face. His blue eyes are no longer bright, his smile is faded and he has a red hand mark on his left cheek. My heart fills with hurt.

I sit next to him on his bed, tracing my eyes to his. He looks back at me, sadness in his usually happy eyes.

"I'm sorry," I whisper softly.

"You heard about it, didn't you?" Chandler asks, suddenly making me confused.

"About what?"

"Me being," he pauses.

"What?" I question.

"Alexis, I have to tell you something," he says as I nod my head.

"Yeah?"

I've had feelings for Chandler lately. I don't know if he feels the same way. He means a lot to me and I'd be scared if something happened to him.

"I can't," he stutters.

My eyes trail off to the mark on his pale face. Not thinking, I slowly lean in. About to kiss his lips, I softly, slowly kiss his red cheek.

Chandler looks me in the eyes, as I look at the hardwood floor.

Suddenly, he presses his soft lips onto mine. I'm in shock, as I don't know what to do. I kiss him back, closing my eyes.

Into the passionate kiss, he takes his hand and slides it up my neck to my cheek. Chandler opens his mouth, as I smile.

Not thinking, I run my fingers through his hair, still kissing him. I can't control myself. A small moan escapes Chandler's lips, I feel his hot breath.

Chandler stops kissing me and kisses my neck. I moan, and bite my lip. Then I snap out of it, immediately.

"Chandler, stop," I whisper, trying to pull away.

"Alexis," he moans quietly.

"No, please," I say, as we break apart.

I look at him deep in his eyes, "I'm sorry."

~~~