IX

I am so sorry I didn't update for awhile. I'm really busy. Or lazy.

*date skip cause I can*

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Alexis's POV

Last week, Chandler tried going further than kissing me. Right that night, I figured. You might be saying that oh, you should've known in the first place, idiot! But vampires just don't exist.

After I told Chandler I was sorry, he stopped me from leaving. I got an invitation. An invitation to have dinner with his family, tonight. I've been looking forward to it because I've never met his family. Here I am, getting ready.

"Honey, you almost ready?" my mom yells from downstairs.

Did I mention she's coming, too?

"Almost!"

I finish straightening my hair. I take a look at myself in my body mirror. I'm wearing black leggings, a tank top with a sweat shirt over top and black converse.

I rush down the stairs, phone in hand. My mom waits at the door for me.

"I'm happy we get to meet Chandler and his family," she smiles as we leave the house.

"Me too," I add.

My mom gets in her car.

"What are you doing?" I ask in confusion.

"We're having dinner at a restaurant," she explains, motioning me to get in the car.

I thought we were having it next door.

10 minutes later...

We arrive at a private restaurant. The building is vintage and looks very dark. I open the door, get out, and close it. My mom and I both walk in.

Right as the door opens, we're greeted by a waiter. I spot Chandler and his family at a huge table in another room. The waiter takes us there immediately.

The room is definitely huge, dark and it has high ceilings. A long table lays across the floor with multiple chairs that hold people. His family.

"Alexis, this is my family. My brother Grayson," Chandler says with no emotion, pointing to a brown haired boy who's a little smaller than him.

"Hi," Grayson smiles, the same pale skin as Chandler.

"Hello Alexis, I'm Chandler's father, William. Here's my wife, Gina." William says, with gray hair, his wife has blonde hair.

"Hi, honey," Gina smiles.

"Oh, this is my mom, Andrea," I say, as my mom smiles politely.

I sit down across from Chandler, as he smirks at me. I look over to my mom who's scanning the menu.

Chandler's family is kind, but really quiet. Just like Chandler.

"We bought you a present, Alexis," William says, as I look at him in confusion.

"Just for the honour to meet you," Gina smiles, pointing to a table with a small box.

"Chandler bought it for you, actually," Grayson teases, smiling at Chandler as his pale cheeks turn pink.

"After we eat," his dad adds.

As I'm sipping soup, I catch Chandler looking at me. He kind of looks me up in down in a low-key, flirtatious way. I just roll my eyes. I sip my soup again, I suddenly catch a glimpse of his dad whispering to Chandler. I shrug it off.

After we're done eating, I'm patiently sitting at the table, still drinking my beverage.

Chandler seems a little uncomfortable, he keeps moving in his seat and biting his lip more than usual. His dad makes eye contact, he then snaps out of it.

"Come on," William says, as Gina, William and Grayson exit the room.

They stop.

"Aren't you coming?" William asks my mom.

"What?"

"We have to give the two space," he chuckles.

"Oh! My bad!" my mom smiles nervously, getting out of seat and leaving the room.

The door shuts, leaving behind an echo and, of course, me and Chandler.

"So...," I grin awkwardly.

"Look, I hope this isn't weird or anything," Chandler trails off, I gaze into his blue orbs, "since we're not dating. It's sort of a family tradition."

I get lost in space, staring in his eyes, across from him.

"Oh, sorry, no, this is fine. It doesn't happen often, so, uh, yeah," I stutter, smiling.

He smirks, as we both get up from the table to the next. He hands the present to me. It's a small box wrapped with white wrapping paper. I smile and look at him.

"Awe, you didn't have to," I blush.

"My pleasure."

That's the thing I love about Chandler, sometimes he's formal and a straight up gentlemen, and other times, he's what you'd call a 'bad boy.' Mysterious type of person.

I unwrap it like a child, and can't help but smile. I finally get it unwrapped completely, revealing a beautiful necklace.

"Oh my God," I gasp, staring at the box.

"Try it on," he laughs.

"I can't yet, I need a scissors," I whisper.

"Oh, here," Chandler says as he reaches for a pair conveniently from his brother.

"Thanks." That was a bit quick.

I try my best to snip the band that keeps the jewelry in place. Me, being the clumsy, anxious person I am, the scissors somehow slip from my hand due to pressure.

The scissor blade slides across the side of my left hand, as I bite my lip in pain. I must've been too eager to open the damn thing. The stinging sensation immediately kicks in, just like the deep, red blood. Embarrassment does, too.\

"Ow," I groan in pain as Grayson begins to approach me.

Chandler looks at me with a indescribable expression. Grayson bites his bottom lip, looking at my hand.

"Dad!" Chandler screams as Grayson walks closer to me, directly looking at my arm.

I drop the necklace to the floor.

The cut is deep, more sliding oozing blood running down my arm in seconds. I hold my cut as blood drips. The scissor blades were sharper than I really thought. The room is silent, and in shock I try my best to somehow find a cloth.

Chandler runs to Grayson as he tries to attack me. The near jump attack scares me to the point I flinch and heart skips a beat. Grayson's teeth appear, larger than normal, trying to break loose from Chandler.

His parents come in the room and approach me. I back away, until I know they can handle themselves. Gina has a warm cloth and soaks the blood in it. I see that their dad grabs Grayson and takes him away. Chandler stands there in shock, his sorry eyes darting at me. Gina walks me to another room with my mom.