III

Oh my goodness, thank you all for supporting me and reading this.

ILYSM.

Alexis's POV

October 10, 2015

"When do you want to me come over?" I ask Monica into the phone.

"I'll come pick you up," she suggests.

"Okay, can you come at 7? I'm kind of busy," I say.

"Yeah," Monica replies.

"Bye."

Finally, Saturday arrived. My mom is out, working extra hours. Of course, my birthday is coming up. October 30, 1999. A day before my all time favorite holiday, Halloween.

Anyway, today I'm supposed to start the project, but I need my partner. I was thinking about going to the store to buy paper, since I'm incredibly low on it. Then, just forcing myself to knock on Chandler's door.

I grab my small backpack, my debit card, phone and house key. As I'm closing my window, I see a teenage boys room. Maybe he's home.

Since I don't have a car, I have to walk. I can drive but, I'm terrible, really. I almost trashed my mom's SUV.

The wind gets chillier, causing me to slightly shiver. The clouds darken, seeming like it's going to rain. The weather sucks this summer in Atlanta.

10 minutes later, I'm near the store. As I'm approaching it, I see a familiar ghostly figure. I mean, he's not a ghost, but he's pale. His eyes flash through mine, piercing into my soul.

Chandler, he's turning the corner. This boy is making me mad, I'm going to fail school.

"Chandler!" I shout, jogging faster.

"Stop!" I yell, as I reach the corner.

"Chandler."

He's not here, the same old blank sidewalk. I glare I confusion, I could've sworn I seen him. I shrug it off, and cross the street to the store.

The drug mart, I enter the old place. I'm quickly greeted by the makeup section. I can't help but browse around a little.

After I'm done, I head over to the "work office" aisle. I skim my eyes through the numerous shelves. Then, I spot paper. I do a little smile.

I look up, after grabbing the 200 sheets. I see the same lurid figure. I squint, seeing his blue eyes at the end of the aisle. I roll my eyes, and go back to shopping.

"Alexis!" a soft, distant voice calls.

I turn my head back. He comes closer, as I freak out. I back up, really fast. Until I crash into somebody.

"I'm sorry," I say, looking at who it is.

"Alexis?" Beck says, looking down at me.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Sorry! Just watch where you're going," he rolls his eyes.

I glare at him as he walks away. I storm out of the aisle in anger. Then, I realize I forgot my paper. Stupid me.

"Alexis?" a sweet voice asks, as I see Chandler.

"Chandler? Are you trying to freak me out again?" I ask.

"No," he smiles, picking up my things for me.

"Okay, thanks," I say, meeting his rich, blue eyes.

I stop and stare in his eyes, getting lost. I immediately snap out of it, looking away. He just smiles.

"I think I should go," I say, about to leave.

"I think we should go study," he chuckles, grabbing my shoulder.

~~~

"Why don't you ever come to school?"

"Don't want to," Chandler says, as we both sit at the kitchen table.

"Are you so bad you have to skip?" I flirtatiously smirk.

"Yup."

We both get out our things, and I do most of the writing. Not that I have to, but I like to keep things neat.

"Do want this to be apart of it?" I ask, pointing the pencil to a diversion.

"Can I use your bathroom?" he randomly asks, scratching his neck.

"Um, sure?"

He dashes up the stairs, as I shake my head. I tap my pencil on my notebook, waiting for him to come back.

I go to the fridge to see if there's anything to eat. My mom said I can order pizza...

Suddenly, I hear hard grunting. I widen my eyes, and walk to the staircase.

"Chandler?" I call out, still hearing groans and moans.

I run up the stairs, fearing something happened to him. I reach the bathroom, and see Chandler. His dim, blue eyes look up at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask, seeing his blank expression.

"Yeah, I just," he stutters, as he stumbles towards me.

"Here, you need to sit down," I say, leading him to my room.

Chandler sits on my bed, then lays down. I turn on the light, causing him to flinch.

"No light?" I childishly frown.

"Nah," he shrugs.

I turn off the light and open the window. I cool breeze hits my face, as the bright moon fills the darkness. I sit next to Chandler.

"So, did you just move here?" I ask.

"No."

"When did you move in?" I ask again.

The house he lives in, next door, nobody has lived there until now. I thought they were renovating it or something.

"Since pre-school," he lightly smiles.

"What?"

"I moved here when I was 3," he repeats, slower.

"But, I thought nobody lived there," I say, looking at his house.

"Chandler, you're freaking me out," I say, panicking a little.

"Stop worrying, I'm not a ghost," he chuckles, putting his hand on mine.

I feel the warmth of his soft hand. I look up at him and meet his cool, blue eyes. He smiles, as I blush.

"Why would Beck do this to you?" he asks.

"You heard about it?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah, I was there," Chandler replies, "anyway, you shouldn't be treated that way, nobody should."

I suddenly melt inside. I haven't felt this many butterflies since Beck first kissed me, which was a long time ago. I realize I'm stuck staring at him.

"I'm home!" my mother's voice booms, causing me to jump a little.

"I gotta go," he grins, exiting out the window.

"Chandler! No, we have a front door," I say with sorry and sarcasm.

"Don't worry, there's a ladder," he smirks, climbing down.