Chapter 6

Smith surprisingly held my stare, and I could almost feel a pull towards him. It was as if we were magnets, and I so desperately wanted to increase our proximity...To feel him, smell him, tas-

Okay Leila, enough hormones for you. I raised my eyebrow in silent question at the seemingly 24-year-old. He was clear from any stubble, unlike this morning, and his hair seemed like he had run his fingers through it all day.

He was hot hot hot.

When I was done checking him out, he seemed to have a look of curiosity in his eyes. I rolled mine, turning back around to face my dad. He seemed worried. I shook my head, answering his previous question of whether I knew him or not.

"That's weird because he seems to know you."

"No, he's probably just waiting for someone else and watched me to pass the time." The lie rolled right off my tongue, making me feel a little guilty. I've lied so much to him, I don't even know what's true anymore.

Thankfully by that time, our food had come, because I was about to eat the whole basket of bread in the center of the table.

I was right about the food being delicious, and it definitely wasn't just because I was hungry.

"Is he still staring?" I asked my dad.

"No, I think he left." His response was concerning me because I could still feel his gaze on my back, and I could still feel the pull. He must be in the bathroom.

Wanting answers, and having to use the bathroom as well, I excused myself. "I'm just going to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." He nodded and continued eating his meal. The bathroom was on the other side of the restaurant, so my dad wasn't able to see me.

As I neared the bathroom, I saw a figure lurking in the shadow by the women's bathroom. I sighed.

Do you always have to be shady? I mind linked him.

Death shook his head, pointing to a door a few feet away from the girl's bathroom.

What?

Go in there, I will explain things to you later.

I nodded, drama queen.

Making sure no one was watching, I opened the door quickly and shut the door, only to be slammed against the wall next to it.

I screeched, a hand quickly covering my mouth, sending tingles everywhere he touched.

I had to suppress a moan. God, I'm awkward.

He shushed me, looking at me with cold eyes, and released his hand from my mouth.

"What the hell was that-"

He cut me off, asking, "Who sent you here?"

I looked around the room, realizing it was some sort of storage room for food. There were shelves of tomato sauce and cheese, reminding me of what I was currently leaving behind at my table. It was also very cramped, and his towering 7-foot muscular build wasn't helping.

I looked up at his lips, realizing I would have to jump or levitate myself to his lips to reach them.

"I just had to use the bathroom."

"No, not here. Who sent you to this town?"

"My dad." He growled that sexy creepy growl of his, sending butterflies to my stomach.

Holy crap.

"Don't play innocent with me, what alpha sent you?" I had a moment of confusion before I finally connected the dots, and damn did they make a scary picture.