Chapter 2

Sunday mornings suck. ESPECIALLY when you have school the next day. It just reminds you that you have one more day until hell starts. Thankfully, I don't have to go through the torture of waking up early in the morning, seeing as I don't have to go to sleep and then 'wake up'. There's one perk.

I sighed, and sat up in bed, looking out my window. There were few clouds in the sky, giving me a clear view of the blue canvas, birds fluttering about, the big sun warming up the trees and land below it. Today's going to be another one of those boring days.

Groaning, I got up, grabbed some clothes not bothering to look to see if they match, and headed to the bathroom to take a nice warm shower. I turned on the water, letting it heat up, before hopping in the shower and letting the hot water run down my back.

Showers gave me a lot of time to think. Whether it's about what I'm going to be wearing the next morning or something more personal, I like to be able to wander off in my thoughts one idea leading to another. Sometimes showers give me too much time to think though, and me with nothing but my thoughts is not always a good thing.

To be honest, I am really nervous about school tomorrow. Moving around a lot, I have been to many different types of schools:

1. There's the kind where everyone is friends with everyone and there are no stereotyped big headed people.

2. The schools where everyone keeps to themselves and competes with their grades.

3.The stereotyped schools with jocks, cheerleaders, emos, loners, nerds etc.

4. The in-between schools that are a bit of everything.

I kind of like the friendly schools, it's pretty easy to move into since everyone is always so welcoming. Sadly, my last school was very stereotyped, and I was pretty much classified as the schools 'loner' because I didn't have a whole lot of time to prove myself to the popular, study enough to be a nerd, or get into any clubs, so making friends was rough. I like to have some friends, but not very many. Two or three is fine with me. I tend to have minor trust issues...OK so maybe not so minor, but whatever. It is hard to understand.

Scrubbing in my green apple shampoo, I started to hum 'life of the party' by Shawn Mendez. What? One Republic isn't the ONLY band I listen to. They are just my favorite.

Finishing up, I turn off the water and completed my morning routine, and headed down for breakfast.

The smell of pancakes filled my nostrils, making me realize how hungry I really was. Food is a big part of my life. Don't judge, I know you are secretly obsessed too.

Hopping down the stairs with some new found excitement, I headed to the kitchen.

"Hey kiddo, have a good sleep?" greeted my father. I really liked our kitchen. It has an island in the middle of our hardwood floor that had a marble top, with white drawers and wooden stools. Also, it has a sterling silver refrigerator, obviously my favorite part. There were windows above the sink, showing the back yard and the forest that I had decided to later venture out in. Overall, it was a really nice and roomy kitchen.

I didn't want to have to tell my dad that I hadn't slept in nearly two weeks, and the last time I did sleep was just for 3 hours, and I hadn't slept for weeks before that either, so instead I murmured a "yeah," taking a seat in the stool and resting my head in my hands. Even when I don't sleep, I still get sleepy in the mornings. "Well that's good, I was starting to get worried. It seemed like you hadn't been sleeping." I felt a pang of guilt in my chest about lying, but I knew that I was doing more good than bad. Or at least that's what I kept telling myself anyway.

"What do you think you are going to do today? I know I have to finish unpacking and drop a few things off at my office, but other than that I'm not sure."