Chapter 7

Beta Jakes's POV
Tyler looked down at me, blinking away the moisture in his dark brown orbs. He scooted over, a silent invitation to join him on top of the rock.

I struggled at first, but managed to climb up and sit next to him. He may be my alpha, but we had been friends for as long as I can remember, his father along with mine being the alpha and beta of the pack before us.

Only me and our parents know about the death of his mate.

I patted his back, not really sure what he was doing at the moment. "Are you alright?"

He shook his head. "I just don't know what to do right now. "

I'm in the same position at the moment.

"Wanna talk to me about it? Maybe I'll know what to do."

He shrugged. I bumped his shoulder. "Hey, I'm not just your beta, I'm your friend, too. Your best friend. You can talk to me."

He looked at me, and I was shocked to see such vulnerability hidden in his eyes.

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone." He used his alpha command on me, and I nodded, completely loyal to him. "The human, Leila...I think she is my second chance mate."

I gasped in disbelief, completely shocked by his words. "But it's not possible, she's-"

"I know she's a human, but I can feel it. And maybe she isn't human, we don't know she is for sure."

I shook my head," We would have smelt and sensed her wolf. If she's human, she wouldn't be able to handle your strength when it comes to the mating process, that's why the moon goddess doesn't pair us up with humans."

He growled, "Don't you think I know that? Maybe she is something else that we don't know of yet. I just don't know what she could be. Besides, I promised myself I wouldn't ever be with another female and be disloyal towards my first mate. I don't know what to do. "

I thought over his words. Second chance mates aren't common, they only happen if a mate has died or if you have been rejected by your mate, and even then it's a long shot that you would get one. And as for her not being human, that's probable, but I haven't done the right amount of research to know what she could possibly be. "Wouldn't your mate want you to be happy? She wouldn't want you to be beating yourself up. Wouldn't you want her to be happy if your places were reversed?"

I could tell he was fighting off his wolf at the thought of his mate in the hands of another male, but he nodded regardless.

"I'm just not ready yet. "

I laughed, "Is that why you have been watching over her since she has gotten here?"

He nodded. " I can't let anything happen to her. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I lose another one."
-------------------
Leila's POV
Click click click click-
I was about to shoot the boy to my left, who was continuously clicking his pen. I had sent many glares his way, and he ignored them all.

Click click click-
Internally groaning, I stared at his pen, crushing the tip and making it incapable to click.

He gasped, jumping up from his seat in shock.

I couldn't help the small giggle that escaped from my mouth. He looked over at me, whisper shouting, "Did you see that?!"

I nodded. "It was really weird."

He nodded too, staring at his pen, as if trying to see what was wrong with it.

Oh my lord.

He looked back over at me, offering his hand. "I'm Charley by the way." I couldn't help but notice how attractive he was too. He was blonde and tan, tall and muscular. He looked kind of like a stereotypical surfer guy, but the only thing this guy could surf here was a rapid in a river. There weren't any oceans close by.