Chapter 4

Reminding myself that this was a new start, I decided to shake off the previous night's events, instead reminding myself how lucky I am to be here. 

I had spent a good half an hour choosing what I was going to wear. I was planning on doing that last night, but, you know. 

I decided on a pink tank top with a white sweater over it, and denim shorts. I paired that with my gold bracelet, watch, and white vans.

I checked my watch, my eyes practically popping out of their sockets as I realized what time it was. 6:30!

I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, straightened my hair that was slightly wavy from running around, and finally, washed my face.

Acne can suck my ass. 10 minutes!

I grabbed my makeup bag and did my makeup in a record-breaking 8 minutes.

Running down the stairs, I grabbed a bagel and my bag and shouted a bye to my dad who just muttered something about 'kids being late.'

I wasn't too worried about being late, considering I still had 30 minutes to get there. However, it usually takes me a while to sign in at the front desk and I would rather have some more time to spare. 

I quickly typed the address into my GPS, fingers fumbling as I accidentally clicked the wrong letters. Under the direction of the GPS, I pushed my foot on the gas pedal and slightly sped down my driveway. 

After a LOT of struggle, and almost running over a dumb squirrel who I swear was trying to commit suicide, I finally arrived at the school. I found two parking spots open, one in front of the other, allowing me to pull through one and better line myself up through the other. For people who cannot park like myself, those are incredibly convenient. 

I turned down the music in my car, sighing but reluctantly getting out of the car to start my first day. I really hope the people are not problematic here. 

The school was made out of a light red brick, the roof being a bring white. The center had a pointed struture with a beautiful clock. Marble stairs led to the front entrence. In front of the school were about 5 guys tossing a football around. I could see cheerleaders twirling around doing flips in front of them, their outfits purposefully placed to cover only the bare minimum requirements. Other people just sat on the marble stairs at the front of the school. Unfortunately for me, they all appeared to be pretty tall, making me look even shorter than I already am.

I am only a sad 5'1 since I stopped growing when I was twelve. Thank god I wasn't short for my age then, that would be horrible. Although I didn't grow in height, I still went through puberty and look slightly more like a woman than a 12-year-old. I suppose Fate wasn't that messed up.

I also couldn't help but notice how attractive everyone was, even the girls! So unfair.

And here I am. Painfully average looking, but a great sense of humor and always down for a good time. What I don't have in looks, I make up for in personality.  Oh, and my supernatural abilities. Those are cool too.

I continued to walk to the school doors, ignoring all of the stares that were put on me and headed to the office to get my schedule and school map. The lady at the desk heard me the moment I came in, and a brief look of surprise shown on her face before she covered it with a greeting smile.

"Excuse me, I'm new here and I need my schedule?" I said awkwardly, not sure why she was so shocked.

She nodded, typing away at her computer. " Name?"

"Leila Mathews."

She got up from her chair and walked into another room attached to this one. A few seconds later she came back with two papers."This is your schedule and this is your map to get around the school!"