Chapter 9

"I'm sorry to hear that. I should probably get going though, my dad is gonna be worried."

He nodded, quickly standing up and hesitating, before offering me a hand. I took it, surprised by the small sparks his big hand brought to my relatively smaller one. It was almost like static electricity at first, but it soon calmed to a dull hum of electric waves.

It was over all too soon however, as he had pulled me up fairly quickly, leaving my hand feeling lonely and cold.

"Well...bye!" I gave him a small smile, before turning my back and hopping off the rock. His quiet goodbye was drowned out by the howling wind as it flew past my sprinting form. 

I found Death in my room, the light from the moon shining through my window and reflecting off of his guilt stricken and distressed face.

"Leila, I am so s--"

His apology was gut off by my hard punch to his stomach. "Don't you ever make me do that again, understood? Or it won't be their heart being crushed, it will be yours. "

He doubled over in pain, but managed to hiss out a mumbled "Understood."

"Good. Now get up, I have to talk to you about something."

He quickly straightened up, giving me his attention. "What's up?"

"Okay, so you know how when a werewolf's mate dies, they can feel it? Even if they didn't know their mate?"

"Yes..."

"Well, since I'm kinda dead, and Tyler is my mate-"

Realization dawned on him as he began to understand what I was getting at.

He threw his arms up in exasperation, "Bloody hell! He thinks his mate is dead, and that your his second chance mate?!"

"Yes! What the hell do I tell him now?!"

His dark lips parted in an effort to speak, but it was as if he was literally at a loss of words.

"Well, uhh...Hmm."

"Go on..."

He struggled to come up with something to say, and failed.

"Well shit! I don't know! Why don't you ask Fate?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do you actually believe Fate would tell me?"

He sighed, but shook his head. "No, I don't. She'd probably say something along the lines of 'You will figure it out for yourself, when the time comes' or something stupid."

I agreed, nodding my head. "Can't I just tell him the truth? About me being an angel and not actually being dead?"

He sat down on my unkept bed, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.

"Well, as long as he doesn't tell too many others...I don't really see why not. As your mate, he is bound to find out at some point. Might as well be now."

I nodded in agreement, taking a seat next to him. "But what the heck do I say? 'Hey, you know that mate you thought died? Well here's some good news, you're looking at her! Ta da!'"

He rolled his eyes and replied sarcastically, "Yes. Those exact words and everything."

I groaned. "Seriously though! What do I say?"

He smirked down at me, and put on his best girly "Fate" voice he could muster. "You will figure it out for yourself, when the time comes."

"Funny."