Chapter 8

Beta Jake POV
The alphas loud and dominating growl echoed through the forest, making the five teens before him cower and bow their heads in submission and fear. I would have bowed my head as well, but I had to look like a strong second in command, not an obedient yet defiant teen.

"I see you have not followed my command to ignore and avoid the human that you have now befriended, and with that comes consequences. Before your punishment is delt, I want to hear your reasoning behind your disobedience." His voice rang through the forest, clear and stern.

The first teen to lift his head and answer was Charley. He was a bit of an airhead, but over all a hard worker and a good fighter, I along with the alpha was greatly shocked when this group had come forward for starting a friendship with the human.

"Alpha, we did not mean to disobey you, but I had not realized she was the human until after I had introduced myself. I was only trying to be welcoming and polite, but had quickly shunned her the moment I had realized she was the one we were told to avoid. She then out of nowhere dared me to an arm wrestle, believing she was stronger than I. I was afraid she would be suspicious if I continued to ignore her, so I went along with her foolish proposition and took her dare. She had said if I won, we could all continue to ignore her but if she won, she would be able to sit with me along with my friends at lunch. I hadn't expected her to win, Alpha. Her strength is beyond any humans capabilities."

I could tell his words had not helped with the alphas temper, probably imagining the male's hands on his mate's, even though Charley meant nothing by it.

Adam then went on to further back up Charley's story, " It's true Alpha, she has strength beyond what any human girl should. I couldn't beat her either, along with the other seniors. Her strength was remarkable and unbelievable."

The alpha digested his words, his anger still showing on his face.

The alpha nodded, then proceeded to ask the other three if this was true.

"Yes, Alpha." was their respectful reply.

"Very well. Even if you didn't mean to as you say you didn't, you still were disobedient, and your defiance will not go unpunished. You will all be doing an extra hour of training everyday for a week. You are dismissed."

As they left on a light punishment, Vanessa stayed behind, asking with hopeful eyes, "Alpha, would it be okay if we were to stay friends with the girl? She doesn't seem to pose any threat to the pack, and is a very nice girl in need of some company. Please Alpha?"

Anastasia chimed in too, adding "Yeah, can we Alpha? She's like soooo nice and funny and-"

"No." Was his curt reply.

The girls looked very disappointed, and they tried to hide the anger and sadness brewing inside of them.

They nodded, bowing in respect before walking away.

Before they girls could get too far, Tyler stopped them.

"Wait."

Tyler sighed, before reluctantly allowing them to be friends. "As long as you keep our pack secrets hidden and stay out of trouble, I will allow you to stay friends with the girl."

Anastasia squeeled, thanking him many times while Vanessa bowed her head, making sure to thank him before leaving.

I looked at him knowingly, smirking slightly.

He growled, "What?"

I laughed lightly. "Nothing, you just seem to be very trusting with this human, that's all. Even allowing her to have acquaintances within our pack."