Introduction

Louis Tomlinson was a normal nine year old boy- until the accident, that is. He bashed his head on the window, glass shattering into his eyes. The impact caused a bit of damage in his brain, causing him to suffer from different types of seizures. Louis thoroughly enjoyed his independence, but it was rarely ever given to him. His mum loved to coddle him.

Harry Styles had been in the spotlight for two years. X Factor helped him get his name out there, and his singing career took off from the moment Simon Cowell signed him. He lived in a four bedroom house alone, using the extra rooms for when his family came to visit.

In reality, the two boys would never meet. But fate usually has her own way of working things out.

-0-

"Louis, are you sure you can do this?" Lottie asks softly, gently stroking Louis's bruised cheek. "Look what happened yesterday."

Louis suffers from complex partial seizures, causing him to zone out and wander off. Occasionally, it causes him to walk off the porch- like yesterday.

"I'm fine, Lott," Louis sighs, adjusting his sunglasses. "It was just a small setback, yeah? I'm just going to get some coffee down the road. I've got my cane."

Lottie chews on her bottom lip, not feeling confident in Louis's ability to walk across town alone. "Fine, fine. Call me if you need anything, yet? Please don't hesitate."

"I never do, love," Louis murmurs, kissing Lottie's cheek. "Bye, Lotts."

-0-

Harry's too caught up in his phone to notice the younger boy with the cane, bumping straight into him. He feels the coffee before he sees it, gasping loudly. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"It's alright, it's alright," Louis chuckles, shaking out his shirt. "No harm done."

"I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry," Harry says, voice trailing off a bit when he looks at the boy. It wasn't a sunny day, yet the boy was wearing sunglasses, and he was carrying a thin cane. "Let me buy you a new coffee."

Louis blushes softly, trying to think of where he had heard the voice before. "No, that's really alright. It's not a big deal."

"Please, let me," Harry says softly, carefully putting his hand on Louis's back to lead him inside the coffee shop again.

"Um, okay," Louis murmurs, depending on the stranger for guidance. "Thanks."

Louis orders a new drink and a scone, on Harry's insistence, letting Harry take him to a table as the older boy made small talk.

Louis loses track of time as he and Harry talk, knowing that Lottie must be worried about him. He can't help it, the older boy just sounds so beautiful. They talk about anything and everything, even talking about the bruise on Louis's cheek.

"How did you even get that?" Harry asks softly. "it's like a bruise, but it's scraped, too."

"I fell off the porch," Louis shrugs, technically telling the truth. "It's not a big deal, doesn't even hurt anymore."

Harry chuckles softly as he takes a drink, almost choking when he saw the time. "Shit- I've gotta go," he mumbles, standing up. "I'm sorry again for dumping your coffee on you, and I'm sorry for having to rush out. It was really nice getting to know you!"

"It was nice getting to know you, too," Louis smiles in the general direction of the older boy, standing up carefully. "Thanks for the second coffee," he chuckles.

Harry sends Louis a quick smile, rushing out the door. Louis slowly makes his way out a few minutes later, taking a left towards his house. He walks slowly, knowing the path like the back of his hand.

Lottie is waiting outside when Louis gets home, immediately lecturing him about curfews and calling. Louis apologizes half-heartedly, barely even paying attention to her. He couldn't get the older boy off his mind. Louis didn't even know his name.

Louis makes his way inside and goes upstairs for a quick shower, tossing his clothes in the wash before he lays down.

Harry goes straight home after his radio interview with Nick, thinking about the blind boy the entire drive. He has to find the boy, has to see him again. And he's going to make it happen.

quic"}�t��x�